Electrical Outlets??

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Probably tripped the GFI receptacle. There's one in the bathroom for sure you should check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennyha

Sounds like Christmas lights...

Seriously, I would check for a loose wire (poor connection) somewhere between the circuit breaker and the first outlet in line.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Start with the basics.
Don't rely on a visual of the breakers. Turn them off then back on.
Do you have 30 amp or 50 amp? If 50 are you using a dog bone reducer?
Have you checked the breakers at the pedestal?

Peace
Dave

Probably tripped the GFI receptacle. There's one in the bathroom for sure you should check

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. The GFI in the bathroom was checked and doesn't "test". That is the same side that is currently inop.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like Christmas lights...

Seriously, I would check for a loose wire (poor connection) somewhere between the circuit breaker and the first outlet in line.

You are absolutely correct, sounds like Christmas lights haha. Seems like every year we have a batch of lights that doesn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

Start with the basics.
Don't rely on a visual of the breakers. Turn them off then back on.
Do you have 30 amp or 50 amp? If 50 are you using a dog bone reducer?
Have you checked the breakers at the pedestal?

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the tip. Its a 30 amp. Pedestal? I assume that is area at the bottom of the "pantry" with all the breakers? If so yes.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Pedestal meaning where your shore cord is plugged in at the park.
But if you have 30 amp service and half of your system works then it is not a problem at the pedestal.

Peace
Dave

Pedestal meaning where your shore cord is plugged in at the park.
But if you have 30 amp service and half of your system works then it is not a problem at the pedestal.

Peace
Dave

Thanks for the education on proper terminology. We are still new to this.

mlpeloquin

The 120V sockets are insulation displacement type. I had three in the line go out. It took a bit of going through, but I found the problem in one socket. It was used to junction two other sockets and I assume a third was connected form one of the other two. Here is a picture of what I found. It may or may not be your problem. Open ground and an open hot. Make sure you are unplugged form the AC power when working on the AC circuits.

Open Ground.jpg

wdk450

I was helping a fellow RVer in his Monaco Class A yesterday for a bunch of outlets dead within a slide. Testers showed that the HOT from the breaker was still present, but there was a break in the NEUTRAL wiring somewhere. Keep this in mind when checking dead outlets. Be glad that your 5th wheel slides have such accessible wiring underneath compared to the luxury class A's.