Sam's Club Duracell (Deka) AGM RV batteries $25 off

Oregon_Camper

My Bighorn came with Deka (2x) batteries and I replaced them after the first trip. Summer camping (so no heater) and min usage. Power so low the refrigerator alarm started going off (of course at 3am in the morning). YMMV, but I would steer clear of Deka batteries.

Put in 2 Trojan T-1275's and have NEVER had an issue again.

porthole

Retired
My Bighorn came with Deka (2x) batteries and I replaced them after the first trip.

YMMV, but I would steer clear of Deka batteries.

You didn't find out why 2 new batteries had a problem?

Are you aware there are only 6 or so battery manufacturers in the United States and one in Canada?

US - Deka, Dyno, Exide, Johnson Controls, Trojan, US Battery

Canada
Surette

gasman

Camp Socializer
My Bighorn came with Deka (2x) batteries and I replaced them after the first trip. Summer camping (so no heater) and min usage. Power so low the refrigerator alarm started going off (of course at 3am in the morning). YMMV, but I would steer clear of Deka batteries.

My Big Country came with 2 6V Deka GC-15 batteries. We are going on two years now without a glitch.

Oregon_Camper

My Big Country came with 2 6V Deka GC-15 batteries. We are going on two years now without a glitch.

Do you dry camp, and rely 100% on battery power or do you camp with full hookups? Could you go 5-7 days without charging them?

I can with the new Trojans. We dry camp about 90% of the time, so I needed reliable batteries.

I added solar about a year after and now have power to spare. :)

- - - Updated - - -

You didn't find out why 2 new batteries had a problem?

Are you aware there are only 6 or so battery manufacturers in the United States and one in Canada?

US - Deka, Dyno, Exide, Johnson Controls, Trojan, US Battery

Canada
Surette

No, I was not aware of that. To be honest, I have had Trojan batteries in my last 3 RV's and had GREAT experience with them. They are NOT cheap, but I depend on them, as we dry camp.

I charged the Deka's....tested them....but in the end, they just couldn't provide enough power. I don't remember their Amp Hours, but I just wanted to solve the problem and not have my wife wake me up at 3am with a beeping alarm from frig or fret every time a light was turned on. :(

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Not, a member of Sam's Club, but found these are now on sale until 12/24, AGM group 31 and 34

I'm ready for batteries in the Cyclone so may have to join. Even the non sale price is a good number for these batteries.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/duracell-agm-deep-cycle-marine-and-rv-battery-group-size-31dtmagm/prod3590232.ip?xid=plproduct:1:5

http://www5.samsclub.com/featured-b...ty/Heavy-Duty-AGM-Duracell-Specifications.pdf

Have a friend who's a member buy them for you. If we were closer I'd oblige...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chopperno1

My buddy has 3 Duracell's from Sam's for his 36 volt trolling motor on his boat. He has had them for about 2 1/2 years with no issues. Another place to look for good deals on agm's is Rural King if you have one near you. There Rural King labeled AGM batteries are made by Exide. I have one of there AGM's on my camper and 4 of there lead acid batteries in my golf cart. No issues with them to date.