RESOLVED: 120V AC Outlets stopped working (Defective Surge Guard)

VixPix

Today we moved our RV about 1/4 mile to a new site in the same RV park. After getting set up in the new site, none of the 120V AC outlets would work in three slideouts - Kitchen (except the microwave outlet), Entertainment, and Living/Dining slide. All of them were working before we relocated. Checked out the circuit breaker panels, and no breakers thrown. Did cycle the "slideout" breaker for good measure, no luck. Checked the GFCI, it was not thrown. I can't find any wiring diagrams for the AC circuits on the Landmark, but to have the AC outlets suddenly stop working in 3 of the 4 slideouts at the same time is puzzling. If anyone has had similar problem and can share a solution, it would be greatly appreciated. Especially since our fridge is now running on propane instead of AC power and the temps are headed higher out here in Arizona. Thanks.

danemayer

Re: 120V AC Outlets stopped working in multiple slides - Landmark Augusta

Sounds like you've lost one leg of the power. The 50 amp receptacle in the campground provides two 120V AC legs. It's possible one of them is not supplying power, or if you have a detachable shore power cord, it might not be seated at the trailer end. There are other possible points of failure on the way to the circuit breaker panel inside the coach, but the receptacle and cord are the most likely.

Check your power cord first. If that's ok, and you have a volt meter, you can check both legs on the power pedestal. If not, ask the park management to check it out.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Pop the GFCI in the bathroom and reset it.
If you have 2 AC's are they both working ?
I think one should be on L-1 and​ the other Should be on L-2. If there both working then your L-1 & L-2 lines coming in should be working.
I assume your on 50amp Service right?

Sure seems like the GFCI to me

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VixPix

Thank you both. The rig is 50amp connected to 50amp outlet on park pedestal. I've Reset the GFCI in bathroom, the outlets labeled with GFCI in/out of trailer are working. I have a SurgeGuard that is attached at pedestal, it indicates both lines are working and no faults. I switched to the other 50amp outlet on opposite lot's pedestal, still SurgeGuard indicates both lines working, and no warning. My front air conditioning unit works, my main living area AC/heat pump will not come on. So, it would appear that it's one of the lines inside the coach not providing power.

None of my circuit breakers were thrown on the panel. Is there something inside the storage bay, behind the wall that needs to be reset?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thank you both. The rig is 50amp connected to 50amp outlet on park pedestal. I've Reset the GFCI in bathroom, the outlets labeled with GFCI in/out of trailer are working. I have a SurgeGuard that is attached at pedestal, it indicates both lines are working and no faults. I switched to the other 50amp outlet on opposite lot's pedestal, still SurgeGuard indicates both lines working, and no warning. My front air conditioning unit works, my main living area AC/heat pump will not come on. So, it would appear that it's one of the lines inside the coach not providing power.

None of my circuit breakers were thrown on the panel. Is there something inside the storage bay, behind the wall that needs to be reset?

Do you Have a Generator ? Or Gen prep in that LM. I ask because I'm wondering if you have a transfer switch ?
Also do you have a electric power cord reel ?

VixPix

Do you Have a Generator ? Or Gen prep in that LM. I ask because I'm wondering if you have a transfer switch ?
Also do you have a electric power cord reel ?

No generator prep. Yes, there is a cord reel.

Plugged power cord directly into pedestal - no SurgeGuard - everything is working just fine. Looks like something is wrong with SurgeGuard.

Appreciate the help!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok good you figured it out 👌

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Poofam

Didn't say much for SurgeGuard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you're past the 1 year warranty on the SurgeGuard, consider Progressive as a replacement. It has a lifetime warranty.

VixPix

If you're past the 1 year warranty on the SurgeGuard, consider Progressive as a replacement. It has a lifetime warranty.

Thank you, Danemayer. I was looking at options and read about Progressive, but don't have any experience with their products. They get excellent ratings on Amazon. The SurgeGuard was 9 years old and I like the security cord lock (I have the old steel coated type).

Appreciate your assistance and other members who contributed quickly to help resolve my problem.

Have a great day!