Suspension upgrades for tow vehicle

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
We have had the Torklift's StableLoad on our 2012 Ram 3500 SRW for about a year now. We got the Torklift's StableLoad suspension kit at a Rally Raffle and wasn't sure how well they would work as we already had airbags on the truck. Installation wasn't too bad other than drilling through the springs took some time and effort. We have noticed that the Torklift's StableLoad have improved the ride of the truck when towing and we don't have to inflate the airbags as much.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ted_Dee also installed this, they won it at the West Texas Rally. He seems pleased with it. PM him for more info if he doesn't see this and post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ted_Dee

Is anyone using or considering Torklift's StableLoad suspension kits? What I'm reading is interesting, suggesting these can do a better job than airbags, sway rods and other typical improvements to truck suspension under load. (http://www.torklift.com/index.php/products/suspension/stableload#f1)
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We won a set of StableLoads at the West Texas Rally last year. I installed them before our 1,300 mile trip last year. They made a huge difference. It reduced the bouncing and chucking. Dee noticed the difference before we left the storage lot. The worst part is drilling the holes in the springs. Some model trucks already have the hole. If yours does not, Torklift has a fixture they will let you use for free, you just have to give them a deposit. It is worth it. In my opinion the StableLoads work as advertised and well worth the money. PM me if you have any questions.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is my opinion....
I have found I get a much much better ride with my air bag set to where my overload springs are not touching the pads at all.
As soon as I drop the air pressure in the bags and the springs start touching the stops, you can feel the chucking hitting you in the back of the seat.
Air it back up to 55 or 60 PSI and it completely goes away.
Ken you have a 3500 DRW TRUCK
So in my opinion this would give you a worse ride.
Get air bags and raise it up off of your overload springs.

That's what I would do.

Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk