Which tape to use on Maxxfan Deluxe install (Dicor, butyl or putty)?

sdwelling

Roof Vent.jpgMy bathroom roof vent lid got blasted in a recent storm - 2 fist-sized holes! Made a temporary repair with some beautiful, colorful duct tape that the Mrs had stashed in her craft kit. The original was crappy/cheap and began crumbling when I tried to remove the screen... Time for a replacement. What tape have you found successful and compatible with your Heartland roof (mine's a 2012 Cyclone 4014) and the roof-flange of the fan?? I'm going to order a tube of Dicor to seal the top of the flange and screw heads, etc. Thanks in advance!

gasman

Camp Socializer
View attachment 53687My bathroom roof vent lid got blasted in a recent storm - 2 fist-sized holes! Made a temporary repair with some beautiful, colorful duct tape that the Mrs had stashed in her craft kit. The original was crappy/cheap and began crumbling when I tried to remove the screen... Time for a replacement. What tape have you found successful and compatible with your Heartland roof (mine's a 2012 Cyclone 4014) and the roof-flange of the fan?? I'm going to order a tube of Dicor to seal the top of the flange and screw heads, etc. Thanks in advance!

You want to use butyl tape between the flange and the roof.

pjones1969

You should be able to replace just the plastic cover and leave the flange attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sdwelling

That could've been my plan until everything started to break as I took the insect screen out. Brittle, uv-damaged plastic was crumbling in my hands. All of the locking tabs broke and I'm no happy with the fan performance, so I'll take the gamble

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk