2015 Heartland 3585rl electrical problem

HELLO, WE ARE NEW TO THE SITE.
QUESTION
WE HAVE BEEN USING OUR RV FOR MONTHS, EVERYTHING BEEN WOKING GREAT, TODAY ALL THE SUDDEN THE MICROWAVE, BAR ELECTRICAL PLUGS, BEDROOM AC UNIT ALL GO OUT.. I CHECKED AL BREAKERS AND FUSES,NOTHING TRIPPED R NO FUESES BLOWN, CHANGED OUT THE gfcI IN BATHOOM BUT WILLNOT RESET AS I HAVE NO POWER ON THAT EITHER.
HELP HELP !!!!

danemayer

Hi carole_415,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sounds like you've lost one power leg. 50 amp service has two 120V AC legs; each leg powering 1/2 of the circuit breakers in your main panel.

Likely causes would be 1) the campground power pedestal, 2) partially seated shore power cord connection at the trailer. Less likely causes would be 3) if you have generator/generator prep, there's a transfer switch where one connection might be loose, 4) loose wire on the back of the main circuit breaker panel.

If you're using an adapter to connect to a 30 amp receptacle, they're often the cause of problems like this.

LBR

Try shutting off both main breakers inside your coach, then back on....you may have one tripped off but it will still look like it's on. Your Cap Lock is on.

Last edited:

Restofrank

HELLO, WE ARE NEW TO THE SITE.
QUESTION
WE HAVE BEEN USING OUR RV FOR MONTHS, EVERYTHING BEEN WOKING GREAT, TODAY ALL THE SUDDEN THE MICROWAVE, BAR ELECTRICAL PLUGS, BEDROOM AC UNIT ALL GO OUT.. I CHECKED AL BREAKERS AND FUSES,NOTHING TRIPPED R NO FUESES BLOWN, CHANGED OUT THE gfcI IN BATHOOM BUT WILLNOT RESET AS I HAVE NO POWER ON THAT EITHER.
HELP HELP !!!!

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum, this is an excellent site for help and information.
We had the same problem on our new Bighorn on our maiden voyage in Henderson NV, we were at a park where the voltage wasn't putting out what it was supposed too and it popped one the main breakers that feeds the rear A/C in the bedroom. Once I realized it that's when I put the water heater and refrigerator on LP and reset the breaker and the problem when away.
I have a Hughes Autoformer and I have seen the booster light on it come on several times at different campgrounds when the campground power is low.