Range/Microwave Vent

Lynn1130

One of the small pins that holds the flap onto the vent has broken and I am wondering if I have to replace the entire vent or if there are replacements for the vent flap. I cannot locate a name or part number on this but the vent is 13" X 6" overall.

Any help would be appreciated and I have looked but cannot fine any threads related to this particular problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 56

MTPockets

I had the exact problem twice and had to buy the entire cover with flap.. after the second break, I was able to repair, which I’ll try to explain. (No pictures). I removed the entire cover and drilled two small holes through the cover from the top and one hole through the flap. I used an electric wire tie which created a hinge that allowed the flap to operate. After reinstalling the cover, I caulked the holes. Never had the problem again and the new hinge was much better than the original design....

hoefler

That style you can but just the flap, I had located one on the internet back when we bought our Landmark in 09.

Gary521

My old trailer had this type of vent cover and did the same thing. I repaired the flap and it never broke again. TO repair the flap, I used a small finish nail as the pin and JB welded it in place. AS I said, it worked like a charm.