Wall Switch, (UP-T.V / Center-? / Down-T.V.) New don't know what this is for...?

I just purchased a 2008 Sundance 3012RE Fifth Wheel with a Wall-Switch that looks liker a normal 110 VAC SPST SW but this one is a type I've never seen before. The Switch has a "center-position" with no label, the UP-Position labeled as T.V with the DOWN-Position labeled as A/C. All I know if the switch is in the the A/C-Position (RV tied to a 110 VAC source) I have a working A/C. Position (A/C / Center / T.V.) both T.V's work in all switch positions. As for Housing Keeping 12 VDC (WFCO 3-Stage Converter WF-8955AN-) the previous owner of two years was no helps.

Need some help.

Thanks in advance....

Byron in Tucson AZ.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Bataradena and welcome to this great forum. Lots of helpful people here.
Your switch is new to me as I have never seen anything like that. Hopefully another Sundance owner will be able to help out.
But, I suspect that you are at least the third owner and a previous owner may have added that switch. You will find out when another owner chimes in.
Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club. It's free!

Peace
Dave

PondSkum

Do you have more than 1 a/c unit? My RW has a switch like this, and 3 a/c's. the 3 positions allow different combination of a/c to run at the same time, since the generator cannot run all 3. It's kinda a dummy switch to keep from overloading the generator. On mine, UP- Bedroom A/C & Garage A/C, Center- Garage A/C only, Down - Center and Garage A/C. Hope this helps...

As to why it's labeled T.V... doesn't make sense to me...

Do you have more than 1 a/c unit? My RW has a switch like this, and 3 a/c's. the 3 positions allow different combination of a/c to run at the same time, since the generator cannot run all 3. It's kinda a dummy switch to keep from overloading the generator. On mine, UP- Bedroom A/C & Garage A/C, Center- Garage A/C only, Down - Center and Garage A/C. Hope this helps...

As to why it's labeled T.V... doesn't make sense to me...

No, just one AC with two TVs. I removed the 3PS (three positions switch) while camping this last weekend to see if there anything I could learn from seeing what's behind the 3PS wall cover. The 3PS "six wire terminal posts" are populated with (white / back) wires which looks to me the same Romex (yellow jacket) use throughout the RV but this is just a guess. I'm currently in the process repairing some pop-out floor (dry-rot) damage from ten years of use which involves removing the worn-out underbelly installation. If nothing else, I'll start buzzing out the AC-Circuit which I'm hoping to find or lean either the Mfg or "maybe" the previous owner pre-wired the fifth wheel for a Power-Inverter which would make my day for a future DC-Inverter for some simple dry camping use.

Byron in Tucson, AZ.