PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Catawissa - 5/4/2018 to 5/6/2018

travelin2
01-04-2018, 09:29 AM
973 Southern Drive, Catawissa, PA 17820

Venue:
------------------------------

J&D Campground
973 Southern Drive
Catawissa, PA 17820
Ms. Lori 570-356-7700
www.jdcampground.com
Pets ok?: Yes
Golf carts allowed?: No
Golf Cart restrictions?:
Golf Cart fees?:

Details:

Number of sites held:
Register by end of day 5/1/2018
Site fee: $$53 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Heartland Brand fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: 5/5/18
Potluck time: 6:00 pm

Event Leader: travelin2(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=22017)

Additional Info:
2018 is here and J&D is ready to entertain your reservations for this rally. FHU sites reservable for our rally are in the "D" Loop, (See Attached CG Map). Most are deep back-ins that will accommodate your 40+ rigs. All the sites are shaded which may limit Satellite TV connectivity. Cable TV provided. WiFi available. No pet breed restrictions.

Once you have a confirmed reservation, pls post back here or PM me with these details-Date of Arrival, # of Nights, Site # if known. I should be able to garner any other info I need from the forum. A continually updated attendee list with be attached to this #1 post.

Of course, the largest area attraction is Knoebels Amusement Resort https://www.knoebels.com/ As this rally is in May, Knoebels will only be open over the weekend, Sat/Sun. Anyone coming in early or staying late see the attachment of other area attractions.

Details of the rally agenda will be posted here for further information

Email jdcampground@aol.com Quote by Ms. Lori..."Our nightly rates will be $53.00 per night and we will have a weekly rate of $325.00. We do require that everyone mail their one night deposit being sure to put the dates in the memo section. Your members can either e-mail to make the reservation or give us call. We do not have regular hours during the winter as we work out of our home so reaching us via phone is hit or miss. I just need to know names, phone numbers and unit sizes. We do have 4 pull through sites in sites 13D to 16D for people requiring them. Feel free to give me a call with any questions or concerns. Thanks!"

Dawnnira
01-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Due to the alledged blizzard, I had time to call. Dawn and I are booked and check is in the mail. Arriving Thursday May 3rd thru Sunday the 6th, site 15D. Come on spring...

-Ira and Dawn

Bones
01-04-2018, 01:03 PM
I just sent an Email to arrive on 5/4 and depart 5/6

chaplady
01-04-2018, 02:40 PM
We are booked site 14-D arriving Thursday afternoon the 3rd leaving Sunday the 6th

rdufek
01-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Dufek's are in, arriving Thursday May 3 and departing on May 6th. Site #13D.

Bones
01-04-2018, 03:37 PM
I am in site 12D arriving 5/4 departing 5/6

Dawnnira
01-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Lyle-
Everyone favorite SOB...Patty and Mike Kaiser will be arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday with Dawn and I from site 11D. Come on Spring

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KrazyKampers
01-05-2018, 06:30 AM
Hi Lyle!

Dale and I will be there ! We arrive Thursday May 3 and leave Sunday May 6. Site # 10d. Camping season canít come soon enough for us!

Karen

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2
01-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Attendee list in post 1 updated this morning.

From chilly Marion MS [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole
01-05-2018, 12:25 PM
05/02 arrive
05/08 depart (for now)
15E

jbeletti
01-05-2018, 12:45 PM
Way to hit the ground running Lyle and Nancy! I've created a hand-out for the Florida RV SuperShow with all the "planned" 2018 rallies on it. I'll add yours to it!

gschaaf
01-05-2018, 01:20 PM
We're in called today 5/3 to 5/7.site 9D Do ya think the snow will be gone by then?? See ya down the road!!!

KenandKK
01-05-2018, 02:58 PM
We're in.....
Arrive 5/3, Depart 5/7... Site 16E.

Dloebrich
01-05-2018, 07:43 PM
Dan & Mary are in
arrive 5-2
depart 5-6
Site 8d

Pekay2415
01-05-2018, 09:13 PM
Lyle-
Everyone favorite SOB...Patty and Mike Kaiser will be arriving Thursday and leaving Sunday with Dawn and I from site 11D. Come on Spring

We joined the forums!

porthole
01-06-2018, 09:23 AM
We're in.....
Arrive 5/3, Depart 5/7... Site 16E.

Hey neighbor !

JWalker
01-06-2018, 09:59 AM
We are in.

Arrival 5/3
Departure 5/6

Site 16D

Rottiesmom
01-06-2018, 10:00 AM
The Marig's are in arriving 5/3/18 leaving 5/7/18 on site 17E looking forward to another great season!

rdufek
01-06-2018, 01:21 PM
Welcome Pattie and Mike, look forward to seeing you guys again in the 2018 camping season!!!

J69king
01-07-2018, 12:07 PM
Chris, Lauren and I are scheduled for 5/4-5/6. We are site 18d. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dawnnira
01-08-2018, 10:00 AM
Booked, site 437. Thursday thru Sunday

Mistake...please ignore

jnbhobe
01-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Made reservations for 5/2 to 5/7 on site 6D. Now I hope I can keep them, I may have to work.

dlafko
01-09-2018, 09:26 PM
The Lafko family is coming it will be a third trip with our new camper so hopefully by then we will know how to park it, lol.

Had to email them could not get through on phone.

travelin2
01-09-2018, 10:23 PM
The Lafko family is coming it will be a third trip with our new camper so hopefully by then we will know how to park it, lol.

Once you hear back, Iíll need to know your site #, arrival date and length of stay.
Thx

JWalker
01-11-2018, 08:59 AM

No worries. Theyíll only be 10-15 people people out by your site with score cards, evaluating your parking skills......

dlafko
01-11-2018, 02:55 PM
As long as you provide help LOL

Our side is 5D we are arrive Friday May 6 and departing thatSunday.

No worries. Theyíll only be 10-15 people people out by your site with score cards, evaluating your parking skills......

Bones
01-12-2018, 05:48 AM

Or flashlights if it is dark ;););)

Dawnnira
01-12-2018, 05:55 AM
Very helpful people

dlafko
01-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Is there a group dinner or anything this weekend that we would need to bring something for the group?

973 Southern Drive, Catawissa, PA 17820

Venue:

J&D Campground
973 Southern Drive
Catawissa, PA 17820
Ms. Lori 570-356-7700
www.jdcampground.com (http://www.jdcampground.com)
Pets ok?: Yes
Golf carts allowed?: No
Golf Cart restrictions?:
Golf Cart fees?:

Details:

Number of sites held:
Register by end of day 5/1/2018
Site fee: $$53 per night.
Club Member Event fee: 0
Non-Heartland Brand fee: $20
Potluck: No
Potluck date:
Potluck time: TBD

Event Leader: travelin2(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=22017)

Additional Info:
2018 is here and J&D is ready to entertain your reservations for this rally. FHU sites reservable for our rally are in the "D" Loop, (See Attached CG Map). Most are deep back-ins that will accommodate your 40+ rigs. All the sites are shaded which may limit Satellite TV connectivity. Cable TV provided. WiFi available. No pet breed restrictions.

Once you have a confirmed reservation, pls post back here or PM me with these details-Date of Arrival, # of Nights, Site # if known. I should be able to garner any other info I need from the forum. A continually updated attendee list with be attached to this #1 post.

Of course, the largest area attraction is Knoebels Amusement Resort https://www.knoebels.com/ As this rally is in May, Knoebels will only be open over the weekend, Sat/Sun. Anyone coming in early or staying late see the attachment of other area attractions.

Details of the rally agenda will be posted here so keep checking this post for further information

Email jdcampground@aol.com Quote by Ms. Lori..."Our nightly rates will be $53.00 per night and we will have a weekly rate of $325.00. We do require that everyone mail their one night deposit being sure to put the dates in the memo section. Your members can either e-mail to make the reservation or give us call. We do not have regular hours during the winter as we work out of our home so reaching us via phone is hit or miss. I just need to know names, phone numbers and unit sizes. We do have 4 pull through sites in sites 13D to 16D for people requiring them. Feel free to give me a call with any questions or concerns. Thanks!"

travelin2
01-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Is there a group dinner or anything this weekend that we would need to bring something for the group?

TBD...
Check Post #1 in late April for rally agenda details.

travelin2
01-18-2018, 01:04 PM
Updated attendee list on Post #1

Warrstang331
01-21-2018, 03:37 PM
Lyle

Gigi and I wonít be able to make the PA Rally because she has a family wedding to attend that weekend in NY.

Hayden&Gigi

alwaysbusy
02-13-2018, 09:42 AM

As long as you provide help LOL

Our side is 5D we are arrive Friday May 6 and departing thatSunday.

Booked for 3-6 Site 4D. After reading the above though, considering calling and changing sites. LOL Another ElkRidge, at least Jamie will have one friend there now.:)

travelin2
02-13-2018, 09:51 AM
so hopefully by then we will know how to park it, lol.

After reading the above though, considering calling and changing sites. LOL Another ElkRidge, at least Jamie will have one friend there now.:)

Guess since youíll be on site first, itís looking like youíll be in charge to make sure your neighbor parks without issue...LOL!!!

travelin2
02-13-2018, 11:01 AM
Updated Attendee List in Post #1...20 rigs so far.
Who's next??

JWalker
02-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Booked for 3-6 Site 4D. After reading the above though, considering calling and changing sites. LOL Another ElkRidge, at least Jamie will have one friend there now.:)

I know, 2 ElkRidges. Thatís like catching a glimpse of Bigfoot.

alwaysbusy
02-14-2018, 10:29 AM
Guess since youíll be on site first, itís looking like youíll be in charge to make sure your neighbor parks without issue...LOL!!!

I don't think he'll have to worry about help as I bet Jamie will be standing on site 5D anxiously awaiting his arrival. Now since Jamie is not alone, I'm sure he'll have a "Welcome" sign with balloons. LOL

travelin2
02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't think he'll have to worry about help as I bet Jamie will be standing on site 5D anxiously awaiting his arrival. Now since Jamie is not alone, I'm sure he'll have a "Welcome" sign with balloons. LOL

✔️✔️ LOL!!!

JWalker
02-15-2018, 10:25 AM

Lol. Iím going to have to arrive early just to make sure thereís balloons at your site also.

mbesanceney
03-20-2018, 08:36 AM
Ok Lyle Iím sick of looking at snow itís time to think spring Iíll be contacting the cg soon. So if Theres still room put us down Iíll give you the dates once we book

JWalker
03-20-2018, 05:37 PM
Ok Lyle Iím sick of looking at snow itís time to think spring Iíll be contacting the cg soon. So if Theres still room put us down Iíll give you the dates once we book

Will the NY snow be melted by then....

travelin2
03-20-2018, 08:38 PM

Plenty of room. Let me know when you hear back

dlafko
03-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Hi everyone,
Being our first rally I was wondering if you do a pot luckdinner or something at the event or have any planned events during the weekendwe need to keep in mind while makingplans to do things while we are up there?

Dawnnira
03-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Hi everyone,
Being our first rally I was wondering if you do a pot luckdinner or something at the event or have any planned events during the weekendwe need to keep in mind while makingplans to do things while we are up there?
Welcome aboard

KrazyKampers
03-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Each rally is a little different but most have a potluck at one point. Lyle usually puts out an agenda sometime before the rally.

travelin2
03-23-2018, 05:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Hi. Check out some of the details on Post #1
I included a list of local attractions plus I believe there may be a few others on J & Dís website. And as noted there will be a pot luck Saturday evening.
We run a very laid back rally. As Iím not an event coordinator and donít expect group participation youíre on your own to search out those activities that interest you. As noted the draw is Knoebels Amusement Resort but there are other attractions.
Upon our return next month, Iíll post an agenda. Wonít be much different than any past events...

JWalker
03-24-2018, 08:17 AM
Hi everyone,

Dave,
When you get there and get set up, look us up. As we probably wonít get there until 7 or so, not much will be happening with us that evening. Just some socializing.

Every rally is a little different. But in general, there is a potluck at some point. Sometimes a breakfast and a whole lot of sitting around the campfire shooting the bull. A lot of guy conversations about the cool stuff. You know, trucks, campers, tires, engines, modifications.... cool stuff. A lot of women conversationÖ...ah... not quite sure what they talk about. LOL. Just kidding.
You can choose to take part in all or none or some. Sometimes unscheduled things happen. Someone will say they want to go to a restaurant. 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 10, 10 becomes 20.

Just be forewarned. These rallies can become addictive. You can go to one to see how it is and a few years later youíre going to your 40th.

Safe Travels

porthole
03-24-2018, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone,

Pot lucks are one of my favorite parts of a rally.

Dawnnira
03-25-2018, 09:33 AM
Dave,
When you get there and get set up, look us up. As we probably wonít get there until 7 or so, not much will be happening with us that evening. Just some socializing.

Every rally is a little different. But in general, there is a potluck at some point. Sometimes a breakfast and a whole lot of sitting around the campfire shooting the bull. A lot of guy conversations about the cool stuff. You know, trucks, campers, tires, engines, modifications.... cool stuff. A lot of women conversationÖ...ah... not quite sure what they talk about. LOL. Just kidding.
You can choose to take part in all or none or some. Sometimes unscheduled things happen. Someone will say they want to go to a restaurant. 2 becomes 4, 4 becomes 10, 10 becomes 20.

Just be forewarned. These rallies can become addictive. You can go to one to see how it is and a few years later youíre going to your 40th.

Safe TravelsDave...I attached a picture that started as dinner for 8 turned into table for 16 at the green turtle at the Maryland rally, always making friends https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180325/32a220159d137e3daf794c33950ce4f1.jpg

JWalker
03-25-2018, 09:48 AM
Dave...I attached a picture that started as dinner for 8 turned into table for 16 at the green turtle at the Maryland rally, always making friends https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180325/32a220159d137e3daf794c33950ce4f1.jpg

Man oh Man, I wouldíve combed my hair if I knew I was getting my picture taken.

dlafko
03-25-2018, 04:56 PM
We re in D5 so come on over when u are set up.. We should Be

there earlier in the afternoon, think Jessica is going to take a half day on Friday.

Dave,

Safe Travels

- - - Updated - - -

Thatís neat Anyone coming with younger kids? I have an 8 year old and will be a newly minted 5 year old.. LOL

Man oh Man, I wouldíve combed my hair if I knew I was getting my picture taken.

travelin2
03-25-2018, 05:09 PM
We re in D5 so come on over when u are set up.. We should Be

there earlier in the afternoon, think Jessica is going to take a half day on Friday.

- - - Updated - - -

Thatís neat Anyone coming with younger kids? I have an 8 year old and will be a newly minted 5 year old.. LOL

Bones (Kline) has 2 young girls and alwaybusy (Silk) has a young gal too.

alwaysbusy
03-25-2018, 05:57 PM
Bones (Kline) has 2 young girls and alwaybusy (Silk) has a young gal too.

Yeah, but the Kline kids stay in bed till 4pm! , LOL Autumn is 6 and will be ready to play, she up at 6am.......every morning. We're in 4D or the campsite next to where you'll find Jamie. If Autumn isn't there she'll be over by 15E being a bother to Mr. Duane and Regis I'm sure.

porthole
03-27-2018, 04:04 PM
Yeah, but the Kline kids stay in bed till 4pm! , LOL Autumn is 6 and will be ready to play, she up at 6am.......every morning. We're in 4D or the campsite next to where you'll find Jamie. If Autumn isn't there she'll be over by 15E being a bother to Mr. Duane and Regis I'm sure.

Regis won't care - and as long as I have my coffee :cool:

Bones
03-30-2018, 05:57 AM

Yeah they usually sleep in if they can. I'm usually up and the youngest will get up around 7. I can tell them other kids are around so maybe they will want to get up earlier.

mbesanceney
04-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Lyle Iíll be coming in on Wednesday the 2nd and leaving the 6th site 3-d

JWalker
04-03-2018, 10:39 AM
Lyle Iíll be coming in on Wednesday the 2nd and leaving the 6th site 3-d

Ah....The early bird. The perfect person to arrive early and have cold beverages waiting for everyone that arrives on Thursday.

Just you and Sharon on this trip?

mbesanceney
04-03-2018, 11:01 AM
Ah....The early bird. The perfect person to arrive early and have cold beverages waiting for everyone that arrives on Thursday.

Just you and Sharon on this trip?

Iím not sure whoís coming it might just be me Iíll know when we get closer to the date.

rdufek
04-03-2018, 03:06 PM
We might need warm beverages. Just saying. AND Hopefully not.

travelin2
04-05-2018, 08:10 AM
Alright with 4 weeks until the rally letís hope we have no more of this...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180405/947bc38a20eeaacf7b4367161100fd4d.jpg
Our view this morning off I80 on our return trip from wintering in TX, etc.
Sites are still available if anyone is interested in joining the rest of the crowd.
Agenda will soon be forthcoming

porthole
04-05-2018, 08:53 AM
You better get to work taking care of that stuff !

You still have that 4 weeks from now and we'll send ya a postcard :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

H'mmm - South Carolina rally is the same weekend :cool:

JWalker
04-05-2018, 09:06 AM
Please change the Walker head count to 3.
Let me know if thereís any additional cost for food.

4 weeks and counting. Who wouldíve thought I would probably have to Dewinterize at a May rally. LOL

porthole
04-05-2018, 09:16 AM

4 weeks and counting. Who wouldíve thought I would probably have to Dewinterize at a May rally. LOL

Who would have thought you might have to re-winterize when you leave?

travelin2
04-05-2018, 02:00 PM
You still have that 4 weeks from now and we'll send ya a postcard :rolleyes:

H'mmm - South Carolina rally is the same weekend :cool:

Ok. Need directions??? 🤪🤪

travelin2
04-05-2018, 02:03 PM

Okey dokey...Iíll have to factor that in knowing Madison is a big eater!!! [emoji14]

travelin2
04-06-2018, 10:22 AM
Alright folks...I've updated the attendee list in Post #1, 22 rigs registered so far. Anyone else?

Also we've decided on the Agenda. Quite simple, plan on visiting with your friends you've not seen since last year and making some new ones. There will also be plenty of opportunities to eat, not only as a group but at venues around the area and at Knoebels Resort. A printable PDF (can be opened with Acrobat on your mobile device) is included in Post #1, but is also pasted here.

AGENDA
2018 Rally-May-near Knoebels Amusement Resort

Thursday evening---We'll play that by ear

Friday
PM-Pavilion, 6 pm
Meet-n-Greet-There will be finger foods to snack on. Pot Luck Items are optional but welcome. BYOD (drinks)

Saturday
AM- Pavilion, 8:30 am
Sticky (Cinnamon) Buns from Mr. Stickys in Williamsport & coffee
Everyone enjoy Knoebels Amusement Resort, the local history, and attractions
PM- Pavilion, 6 pm
Pot Luck Supper-Everyone to bring a food(s) to share. Club will provide the tableware. BYOD (drinks)

Sunday
AM-Pavilion, 8:30 am
Breakfast Goodies & coffee
Goodbyes

JWalker
04-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Any suggestions on good restaurants in the area.
I see thereís an OIP in Elysburg. Might have to score a pizza Thursday night if no other plans come up.

travelin2
04-08-2018, 03:07 PM
Any suggestions on good restaurants in the area.
I see thereís an OIP in Elysburg. Might have to score a pizza Thursday night if no other plans come up.

Family style restaurant 15 min away. Donít know their crowd capabilities
Theyíre not open late

http://www.massersinc.com/

MP_CS
04-10-2018, 02:21 PM
LT Evans eatery and drafthouse in Danville is great.

porthole
04-10-2018, 05:46 PM
http://www.ltevansrestaurant.com/

travelin2
04-14-2018, 06:34 AM
Ok folks!!! 3 weeks until weíre gathered together for this rally.
Itís time for yíall to begin discussing your pot luck contribution for Saturday evening.
Iíll start...we plan to bring a pan of smoked bbq pork & beans

KenandKK
04-14-2018, 06:44 AM
We're in for desert's and a salad.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

rdufek
04-14-2018, 07:17 AM
We will do Mac & Cheese.

travelin2
04-14-2018, 05:20 PM
What about a meat??? I wasnít figuring the club to provide a meat entree but I could look into chicken fingers unless there are enough other meat pot luck dishes.
Wishes???

alwaysbusy
04-14-2018, 05:25 PM
Buffalo chicken dip, chips and half done brownies.........unless we over bake them. :rolleyes:

Mr Lyle, sorry, you and I typing at same time there. We can change if you doing chicken, which is fine.

travelin2
04-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Buffalo chicken dip, chips and half done brownies.........unless we over bake them. :rolleyes:

Iíd rather those brownies be half baked instead of over baked[emoji14][emoji14]

KrazyKampers
04-14-2018, 07:10 PM
Count us in for pork barbecue with rolls and a dessert.

Dawnnira
04-15-2018, 06:43 AM
What about a meat??? I wasnít figuring the club to provide a meat entree but I could look into chicken fingers unless there are enough other meat pot luck dishes.
Wishes???

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLyle-
Were in with homemade meatballs in a onion and mushroom gravy

- Ira and Dawn

Rottiesmom
04-15-2018, 08:10 AM
put us in for Chili

travelin2
04-15-2018, 08:21 AM
put us in for Chili

Chili-may need that to warm our bellies if spring never gets here!!!!
[emoji51][emoji51][emoji51][emoji51]

travelin2
04-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Talk of food is good for the soul!!
Rally Time will be here before you know it...

Last Name-Pot Luck Dish
BESANCENEY-BBQ WEENIES
CLAUSE-
CLICKNER-VEGETABLE SIDE DISH
CORRELL-
DUFEK-MAC & CHEESE
FREDRICKSON-CORN/BLACK BEAN SALAD & DESSERT
HICKMAN-
KAISER-BBQ CHICKEN & POTATO SALAD
KING-PASTA SALAD & VEGGIE TRAY
KLINE-FRUIT SALAD & DESSERT
LAFKO-CABBAGE & NOODLE SALAD LOEBRICH-
LUSTGARTEN-MEATBALLS ONION/MUSHROOM GRAVY
MARIGLIANO-CHILI
McFERREN-
MERCER-SMOKED BBQ PORK & BEANS
RANCK-
SCHAAF-DEVILED EGGS & DESSERT SHAFFER-HAM
SILK-BUFFALO CHICKEN CHEESE DIP & BROWNIES
SMITH-
SUMMERS-SALAD & DESSERT
WALKER-RIGATONI W/MEAT SAUCE & COLESLAW

travelin2
04-15-2018, 08:24 AM
Whoís making the cornbread to accompany that chili the Marigs are bringing???

chaplady
04-15-2018, 11:44 AM
Liz and I will do a Ham

Pekay2415
04-15-2018, 12:08 PM
The Kaiserís will do BBQ chicken and potato salad.

Dawnnira
04-15-2018, 12:28 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHey...Patty and Mike are on the forums. Happy birthday guys-you guys rock! Ownership is next...

Pekay2415
04-15-2018, 12:31 PM
Hey...Patty and Mike are on the forums. Happy birthday guys-you guys rock! Ownership is next...

Thanks! Hope this is the year buddy.

travelin2
04-15-2018, 12:32 PM
Liz and I will do a Ham

Sounds good!!! See yíall soon...

J69king
04-15-2018, 02:37 PM
We can bring pasta salad and veggie trays. If I think of something else I'll post again.

travelin2
04-15-2018, 02:46 PM
We can bring pasta salad and veggie trays. If I think of something else I'll post again.

Ok. Wait until you see who brings what before you commit to anything more
Any idea what time youíll be rolling in?

mbesanceney
04-15-2018, 09:56 PM
we will be bringing chicken mac and cheese for Wednesday and bbq weenies for Saturday

Rottiesmom
04-16-2018, 08:42 PM
Whoís making the cornbread to accompany that chili the Marigs are bringing???

I'll bring them if I can find some in our travels

JWalker
04-17-2018, 06:36 AM
Madison said she would throw together some homemade coleslaw. And we will also do rigatoni with meat sauce. And anything else needed once we get closer to potluck kick off.

travelin2
04-17-2018, 07:33 AM
Recap of whoís bringing what on Post #81...setting up to be a pot luck extravaganza

JWalker
04-17-2018, 07:37 AM
Last Name-Pot Luck Dish
BESANCENEY-BBQ WEENIES
CLAUSE-
CLICKNER-
DUFEK-MAC & CHEESE
FREDRICKSON-BBQ PULLED PORK & DESSERT
HICKMAN-
HOLBERT-
KLINE-
LAFKO-
LOEBRICH-
MARIGLIANO-CHILI
McFERREN-
RANCK-
SCHAAF-
SHAFFER-HAM
SMITH-
SUMMERS-SALAD & DESSERT

Bring it on!!!!!

KrazyKampers
04-17-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Name-Pot Luck Dish
BESANCENEY-BBQ WEENIES
CLAUSE-
CLICKNER-
DUFEK-MAC & CHEESE
FREDRICKSON-BBQ PULLED PORK & DESSERT
HICKMAN-
HOLBERT-
KLINE-
LAFKO-
LOEBRICH-
MARIGLIANO-CHILI
McFERREN-
RANCK-
SCHAAF-
SHAFFER-HAM
SMITH-
SUMMERS-SALAD & DESSERT

Bring it on!!!!!

Lyle, we seem to have a lot of meat and not a lot of sides. Since you have pork already, we can bring a side and dessert if that fits better.

Karen

travelin2
04-17-2018, 07:47 AM
Lyle, we seem to have a lot of meat and not a lot of sides. Since you have pork already, we can bring a side and dessert if that fits better.

Karen

Your choice...everyone took me literal about the ďwhereís the meatĒ? LOL!
Bill & Liz offering a ham...

KrazyKampers
04-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Your choice...everyone took me literal about the ďwhereís the meatĒ? LOL!
Bill & Liz offering a ham...

Ok. Change ours to Corn and Black Bean salad plus a dessert. Thx!

KrazyKampers
04-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Hi Lyle, Dale and I will be coming in a day early on May 2. We need to get this camping season started!

Karen

Dawnnira
04-17-2018, 05:37 PM
Hi Lyle, Dale and I will be coming in a day early on May 2. We need to get this camping season started!

Karen

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkJealous...

travelin2
04-18-2018, 10:33 AM
23 rigs so far (that I know about)
Still room for more!!

mbesanceney
04-18-2018, 10:47 AM

Karen

We just like to have the meat sweats Karen. lol

JWalker
04-18-2018, 06:52 PM

Karen

We just like to have the meat sweats Karen. lol

I'm beaking out my expandable pants....

Puzzled_1
04-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Momma and I will be there 3-6, site 14E.

- - - Updated - - -

05/02 arrive
05/08 depart (for now)
15E
I was in that site last year and we're on your right this year in 14E

travelin2
04-22-2018, 07:17 PM
Momma and I will be there 3-6, site 14E.

- - - Updated - - -

I was in that site last year and we're on your right this year in 14E

Duane said you may show!!! Saw that picture on J&D photo gallery. Nice!!!!

Puzzled_1
04-22-2018, 07:21 PM
Since we are new to the Rally's let us know what to bring and when. We'll need a little direction until we get the swing of things! :D

travelin2
04-22-2018, 07:40 PM
Since we are new to the Rally's let us know what to bring and when. We'll need a little direction until we get the swing of things! :D

Talk of food is good for the soul!!
Rally Time will be here before you know it...

Last Name-Pot Luck Dish
BESANCENEY-BBQ WEENIES
CLAUSE-
CLICKNER-
DUFEK-MAC & CHEESE
FREDRICKSON-CORN/BLACK BEAN SALAD & DESSERT
HICKMAN-
HOLBERT-
KLINE-
LAFKO-
LOEBRICH-
MARIGLIANO-CHILI
McFERREN-
RANCK-
SCHAAF-
SHAFFER-HAM
SMITH-
SUMMERS-SALAD & DESSERT

Not a problem. Thereís a pot luck Saturday evening. An agenda attached to Post #1. Otherwise just roll along with the flow.
See you there

dlafko
04-22-2018, 07:46 PM
Not a problem. Thereís a pot luck Saturday evening. An agenda attached to Post #1. Otherwise just roll along with the flow.
See you there

Lafko Cabbage and noodle salad

Bones
04-22-2018, 08:53 PM
The Kline's will bring a fruit platter and dessert.

travelin2
04-23-2018, 09:58 AM
As of today, to my knowledge, 24 rigs have registered. Attached in this Post are their site assignments as I know them to be and their contribution(s) for Saturday night's pot luck...
Copies of these and the agenda will be provided to you upon arrival

Bones
04-23-2018, 10:09 AM
I'm itching to get the camper out.

travelin2
04-24-2018, 06:33 AM
One week until youíre all getting itchy to hit the road!! J&D and Knoebels is easily accessible from any direction but IMO some are better than others.
Iím not providing driving directions for all the potential routes but if anyone has specific questions once you begin planning your route post back here. May be others with the same question.
See everyone next week!!

JWalker
04-24-2018, 06:44 AM
Thanks Lyle.

Iím coming from I80. Getting off the Danville (exit 224) and taking 54 through Danville to Elysburg. Making a left at the light by the Sheetz Conv.store and taking 487 to J&D. Sound good?

travelin2
04-24-2018, 06:57 AM
Thanks Lyle.

Iím coming from I80. Getting off the Danville (exit 224) and taking 54 through Danville to Elysburg. Making a left at the light by the Sheetz Conv.store and taking 487 to J&D. Sound good?

Yep. For anyone coming EB on I80 or south from central NY, PA 54 your route

Bones
04-24-2018, 08:38 AM
looks like 83 to 81 to 901 to 54 for me

- - - Updated - - -

just about 3 hours for me. arrive time projected at 6:30 to 7 pm.

travelin2
04-24-2018, 09:39 AM
looks like 83 to 81 to 901 to 54 for me

- - - Updated - - -

just about 3 hours for me. arrive time projected at 6:30 to 7 pm.

Yep thatís doable. Lots of elevation gain and loss!

travelin2
04-24-2018, 09:40 AM
Heard from Jon, he and Patti will unfortunately not be able to make the 6 hour run from Erie to join us ☹️☹️

Bones
04-24-2018, 09:56 AM
Heard from Jon, he and Patti will unfortunately not be able to make the 6 hour run from Erie to join us ☹️☹️

Thats a long drive

JWalker
04-24-2018, 10:01 AM
Thats a long drive

Yeah but, it takes him 6 hours to get to the local Walmart down the street......

travelin2
04-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Thats a long drive

Inside joke. Jonís 6 hours from anywhere

Bones
04-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Inside joke. Jonís 6 hours from anywhere

Now I remember. He is always 6 hours

Bones
04-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Does anyone know if the campground is very hilly, steep hills or if it is moderate? I'm looking if it is a good thing to bring bikes for the kiddos but they are still learning how to ride without training wheels.

JWalker
04-25-2018, 06:35 AM
Does anyone know if the campground is very hilly, steep hills or if it is moderate? I'm looking if it is a good thing to bring bikes for the kiddos but they are still learning how to ride without training wheels.

It looked pretty flat when I pull in the entrance. But I did not get a chance to drive through the campground.

J69king
04-25-2018, 07:21 AM
It looked pretty flat when I pull in the entrance. But I did not get a chance to drive through the campground.

We drive through a few years ago, it is pretty flat. I would bring the bikes.

travelin2
04-25-2018, 08:33 AM
The campground is flat. Bring their bikes
They have a catch and release pond for fishing too. A stream runs adjacent. Would need a PA fishing license to fish in there

JWalker
04-26-2018, 03:52 PM
If plans hold together, we’ll be starting our season in
7 days!!

travelin2
04-26-2018, 03:56 PM
If plans hold together, weíll be starting our season in
7 days!!

Weíll leave a light on for you!!

Bones
04-30-2018, 08:47 AM
5 days

travelin2
04-30-2018, 09:06 AM
5 days

5 hours!!!

chaplady
04-30-2018, 12:11 PM
Lyle that's just plan torture lol

Vinny773
04-30-2018, 01:19 PM
Crosby and I will be arriving on Friday, 5/4 and leaving on Sunday, 5/6. We will be in site 3-D. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Better late than never but wouldn't want to miss a rally given by the Mercer's.

travelin2
04-30-2018, 04:08 PM
Crosby and I will be arriving on Friday, 5/4 and leaving on Sunday, 5/6. We will be in site 3-D. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Better late than never but wouldn't want to miss a rally given by the Mercer's.

Be here by 6??? There will be food!!!

travelin2
04-30-2018, 04:10 PM
Weíre lonely...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180430/1f7d9ef8bbb3622c20c6f7cdecbf1760.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180430/04b990dd285212295b975a14f6797796.jpg

rdufek
04-30-2018, 05:21 PM
Looking Good!!!! Can't wait to get there. Looking forward to nice weather finally and the Official Start to the 2018 Camping Season!!!!

travelin2
04-30-2018, 06:05 PM
Did a little walk around. Although the park is heavily wooded the trees are set back making for wide roadways. Sites are deep with moderate separation. Lots of open space around the huge pavilion and common fire ring to accommodate the group. Park is providing the firewood [emoji122][emoji2][emoji122][emoji2][emoji122][emoji2].

Dawnnira
04-30-2018, 08:24 PM
Did a little walk around. Although the park is heavily wooded the trees are set back making for wide roadways. Sites are deep with moderate separation. Lots of open space around the huge pavilion and common fire ring to accommodate the group. Park is providing the firewood [emoji122][emoji2][emoji122][emoji2][emoji122][emoji2].

This working stiff could hardly wait...looks nice. Could almost smell your grill from New Jersey, didnít get a chance to wash and wax the outside but were ready on the inside, smoker is loaded, flushed the Hawaiian Punch as they say in Louisiana...and took her for a spin yesterday. Looking forward to seeing everyone, hope we donít sound too hokey but Dawn and I miss camping, ALOT! Anyway, possibly a 3 rig wagon train from Jersey, hoping that we catch up to chaplady while the Kaiserís and us cross the state. ETA...3-4 pm

safe travels
ira and dawn

Rottiesmom
05-01-2018, 08:13 AM
Hi Lyle and Nancy The following below is directly off of the campgrounds website for directions thought I would share for those of us who will be traveling on I-80 West:

I-80 West:
Bloomsburg exit 232. Take Rt. 42S to Catawissa, crossing bridge to PA 487S. Follow PA 487 to J&D Campground. Do Not follow your GPS unit or map quest if it attempts to take you off at exit number 242. This road is too narrow and dangerous for trailers. Please get off at exit 232.

travelin2
05-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Although we might have a few showers early in the Rally, to settle the dust, Saturday appears to be a stellar day to enjoy Knoebels...
Letís hope [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/56c20156422eb00a27413c3aee759c37.jpg

Rottiesmom
05-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Although we might have a few showers early in the Rally, to settle the dust, Saturday appears to be a stellar day to enjoy Knoebels...
Letís hope [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/56c20156422eb00a27413c3aee759c37.jpg

We've had worse looks like a good time either way

travelin2
05-01-2018, 01:26 PM
For anyone wondering, preferred check in time is 12 noon or later

KrazyKampers
05-01-2018, 01:33 PM
For anyone wondering, preferred check in time is 12 noon or later

Sounds good! See you tomorrow.

travelin2
05-01-2018, 03:36 PM
The staff cleaning tables in the pavilion this morning
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/4b5b37dbdbf870e388742d72d936a092.jpg

CG manager dropped off a scoop of firewood
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/0115d3b77a94115d80efe46871e13ed3.jpg

Bones
05-02-2018, 05:26 AM
The staff cleaning tables in the pavilion this morning
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/4b5b37dbdbf870e388742d72d936a092.jpg

CG manager dropped off a scoop of firewood
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180501/0115d3b77a94115d80efe46871e13ed3.jpg

I'm almost ready to come. Looking forward to a nice campfire.

JWalker
05-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Lyle, do you know if they have electric at the pavilion?

travelin2
05-02-2018, 09:54 AM
Lyle, do you know if they have electric at the pavilion?

Receptacles and overhead lighting

KrazyKampers
05-02-2018, 04:02 PM
It's lonely in the park. We need more campers! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180502/388c6d090088edf68e6fb27468c012e2.jpg

dlafko
05-02-2018, 04:46 PM
I am leaving Friday morning to get there for between 1200and 1400 so hopefully a few of you willbe there to help me back in.. Will be my first time backing into a spot and I am solo.

It's lonely in the park. We need more campers! https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180502/388c6d090088edf68e6fb27468c012e2.jpg

travelin2
05-02-2018, 05:04 PM
I am leaving Friday morning to get there for between 1200and 1400 so hopefully a few of you willbe there to help me back in.. Will be my first time backing into a spot and I am solo.

Ok. Preferred check in time is noon or later. Should be lots of coaches around to settle you in...

dlafko
05-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Leaving here at 1230 Hopefully be there by 2 Can't wait

Ok. Preferred check in time is noon or later. Should be lots of coaches around to settle you in...

JWalker
05-04-2018, 11:25 AM
Leaving here at 1230 Hopefully be there by 2 Can't wait

Safe travels.

JMVford
05-04-2018, 10:59 PM
So sorry we couldn't be there. :( Hope you have a terrific time. Think of us.

porthole
05-05-2018, 11:57 AM
So far - so good !

Rottiesmom
05-05-2018, 02:00 PM
So sorry we couldn't be there. :( Hope you have a terrific time. Think of us.

Wonderful rally and we miss you guys.

JWalker
05-06-2018, 06:39 AM
Some of the young Heartlanders enjoying the campground and activities.

http://i63.tinypic.com/5bwoi0.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2dalh0j.jpg

alwaysbusy
05-06-2018, 08:22 AM

- - - Updated - - -

alwaysbusy
05-06-2018, 08:37 AM

Puzzled_1
05-06-2018, 01:05 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and hospitality. Gina and I enjoyed meeting and spending time with everyone. We are already looking forward to our next HCR.

Rottiesmom
05-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Thank you Lyle and Nancy for another wonderful PA rally and also for the last few years as chapter leaders! We wish you all the best and see you down the road.

Dawnnira
05-06-2018, 02:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

1234Great pictures

Dawnnira
05-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and hospitality. Gina and I enjoyed meeting and spending time with everyone. We are already looking forward to our next HCR.We're all looking forward to seeing you again

Dawnnira
05-06-2018, 02:15 PM
Thank you Lyle and Nancy for another wonderful PA rally and also for the last few years as chapter leaders! We wish you all the best and see you down the road.Couldn't of said it any better...thank your friendship. Dawn and I are lucky people to have met you guys and the rest of the group

KrazyKampers
05-06-2018, 02:48 PM
What a great rally! It was so good to see everyone after the long winter. Thank you so much Lyle and Nancy for everything. Dale and I have enjoyed every one of your rallies. We have big shoes to fill!

Karen

chaplady
05-06-2018, 02:50 PM
Thank you both for great ralleys and interesting places we visited. Enjoy your travels and as always interesting to hear about your ventures.
Bill& Liz

Rottiesmom
05-06-2018, 03:45 PM
What a great rally! It was so good to see everyone after the long winter. Thank you so much Lyle and Nancy for everything. Dale and I gave enjoyed every one of your rallies. We have big shoes to fill!

Karen

Congratulations for stepping up and I know you guys will be great! We are all here to help with whatever you need.

KrazyKampers
05-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Congratulations for stepping up and I know you guys will be great! We are all here to help with whatever you need.

Thanks Colleen!

mbesanceney
05-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Lyle and Nancy Thank You for another wonderful rally it was sad to know that this was your last rally as chapter leaders and we are all going to miss the hostess with the mostest. So I think its safe to say to Lyle all of us are going to miss seeing your buns for breakfast ...your sticky ones that is :p. see you all down the road.

jnbhobe
05-06-2018, 05:34 PM
So I heard it thru the grapevine, Lyle & Nancy you guys put on some good rallies we have enjoyed the ones we could get to. And as the torch passes to Dale and Karen I know we will have more fantastic rallies. Good luck to both of you. Jon & Patti

chaplady
05-06-2018, 05:51 PM
Dale & Karen Thank You for carrying the torch on and looking forward to future ralleys
Bill&Liz

rdufek
05-06-2018, 06:53 PM
Thank You Lyle and Nancy for a Great Rally!!! What a great way to start out the 2018 camping season. Thank You for the years of being Pa Chapter Leaders and we look forward to seeing you down the road. We Thank You Dale and Karen for stepping up to take on the role. We look forward to the rallies to come and look forward to attending them. Certainly if help is ever needed we would be happy to assist. Looking forward to seeing many of you at the Northeast Region Rally in a week and a half. Safe travels to all!!!

Bones
05-07-2018, 05:31 AM
Thank you for the awesome rally. This time I wasn't able to sneak in and back up without being noticed. :cool::cool:. I heard there was some betting too. How did that go? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: LOL.

murry135
05-07-2018, 07:39 AM
Another Great Party by the Mercer's, thanks for you effort. I would like to also say it was great being a State Chapter leader with you over the past few years, you have done well representing the HOC. To Dale and Karen, we look forward to working with you folks as the NEW PA CHapter leaders in the future, congrats to all.

JWalker
05-07-2018, 09:42 AM
What Great way to start out the rally season. Great time. Great old friends. Great new friends. Great chapter leaders. I guess you can say it was Great!!

travelin2
05-07-2018, 07:40 PM
To those that attended this rally, and the others as well, Nancy and I would like to thank all of you. We only found you all a place to gather, itís your participation that makes a rally!
Dale and Karen will do a great job as the next PA Chapter Leaders. Please extend to them the same appreciation and gratitude we received.
Weíll see you all at the next one! Travel safe.

KrazyKampers
05-07-2018, 08:31 PM
To those that attended this rally, and the others as well, Nancy and I would like to thank all of you. We only found you all a place to gather, itís your participation that makes a rally!
Dale and Karen will do a great job as the next PA Chapter Leaders. Please extend to them the same appreciation and gratitude we received.

Thanks Lyle for all the great rallies! Dale and I will do our best! We appreciate all the support and encouragement from you and all our members.

Karen

JMVford
05-07-2018, 08:41 PM

Lyle and Nancy,
We are truly sorry we had to miss your last rally. I didn't realize this would be your last one. You will be missed. Karen and Dale have big shoes to fill. I'm confident they will rise to the occasion.
See you on the road. Enjoy.

Rottiesmom
05-07-2018, 09:06 PM

Lyle and Nancy thank you for your endless efforts to always put on great rallies. I wish you all the best and we will see you down the road. Karen and Dale will pick up where you left off we all will be there to help them.

porthole
05-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Another fine rally under the Goodyears. Thanks !

alwaysbusy
05-10-2018, 07:22 PM
As rally rookies, Jess, Autumn and I really enjoyed the laughs and conversation...even the laughs at my expense ;). Thank you Mr Lyle and Ms Nancy for being the first to welcome us in last year. Unfortunately this will be the only one for us this year as travel plans don't allow for others. We liked seeing those we met before as well as the new friends we made this rally. Thank you all for welcoming Autumn in and I'm sorry she has taken such a liking to some of you :rolleyes:. Thanks again all for a fun time.

KrazyKampers
05-10-2018, 07:36 PM
As rally rookies, Jess, Autumn and I really enjoyed the laughs and conversation...even the laughs at my expense ;). Thank you Mr Lyle and Ms Nancy for being the first to welcome us in last year. Unfortunately this will be the only one for us this year as travel plans don't allow for others. We liked seeing those we met before as well as the new friends we made this rally. Thank you all for welcoming Autumn in and I'm sorry she has taken such a liking to some of you :rolleyes:. Thanks again all for a fun time.

Dale and I look forward to seeing you all again sometime soon. I'm sorry we didn't get to have an ice cream cone as we were leaving Sunday!

Dawnnira
05-10-2018, 07:51 PM
As rally rookies, Jess, Autumn and I really enjoyed the laughs and conversation...even the laughs at my expense ;). Thank you Mr Lyle and Ms Nancy for being the first to welcome us in last year. Unfortunately this will be the only one for us this year as travel plans don't allow for others. We liked seeing those we met before as well as the new friends we made this rally. Thank you all for welcoming Autumn in and I'm sorry she has taken such a liking to some of you :rolleyes:. Thanks again all for a fun time.We all look forward to seeing you in the future. Safe travels

Bones
05-11-2018, 05:00 AM

The girls had a blast. Hope to see you again soon

porthole
05-11-2018, 07:51 AM

And we learned JJ has exceptional hearing :cool:

Rottiesmom
05-11-2018, 07:52 AM

It was great seeing you all again and we are sorry you won't be making any other rallies this year we look forward to catching up with you guys down the road. We love Autumn she is an awesome kid!

JWalker
05-17-2018, 07:30 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2e5tdmt.jpg

Dawnnira
05-17-2018, 10:15 PM
Thank you for posting
http://i66.tinypic.com/2e5tdmt.jpg