converter with inverter

orion7144

I just got our trailer and am kind of a geek. Our unit has a separate converter and inverter. I would like to get one that is an all in one that I can add a remote screen to see the status of the batteries, charge power, mode, etc. Is this as simple as running the lines currently going to the converter to the new inverter/charger?

danemayer

Except for inverters that are dedicated to Residential Refrigerators, I wasn't aware that Heartland shipped any trailers with inverters.

What trailer do you have? Do you have a Residential Refrigerator?

orion7144

Except for inverters that are dedicated to Residential Refrigerators, I wasn't aware that Heartland shipped any trailers with inverters.

What trailer do you have? Do you have a Residential Refrigerator?

Bighorn Traveler 32RS. Yes I have residential fridge. It is a 1000W Magnum Dimensions CSW series with just an on off remote switch. No protection if I forget an leave inverter on with shore power.

carl.swoyer

I just got our trailer and am kind of a geek. Our unit has a separate converter and inverter. I would like to get one that is an all in one that I can add a remote screen to see the status of the batteries, charge power, mode, etc. Is this as simple as running the lines currently going to the converter to the new inverter/charger?
Magnum Inverter's are the best

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Bighorn Traveler 32RS. Yes I have residential fridge. It is a 1000W Magnum Dimensions CSW series with just an on off remote switch. No protection if I forget an leave inverter on with shore power.
The Magnum Inverter is dedicated to the refrigerator. The output goes through a transfer switch. You can leave the inverter on all the time because the transfer switch always uses shore power if it's there. If shore power drops out, and your inverter is ON, the transfer switch will change over to the inverter output and keep your food cold.

Our Residential Refrigerator User Guide has a block diagram of the components that power the refrigerator.

carl.swoyer

Dose it have an automatic transfer switch built in?

orion7144

I can not confirm if it does but according to the above post it does. Since it looks like I have a decent inverter is there an option to upgrade the converter so I can monitor the batteries better than just a couple of lights?

Dose it have an automatic transfer switch built in?

danemayer

I can not confirm if it does but according to the above post it does. Since it looks like I have a decent inverter is there an option to upgrade the converter so I can monitor the batteries better than just a couple of lights?

The refrigerator's transfer switch is separate from the refrigerator's inverter.

You could replace the Magnum with a different inverter if you can find one that has a battery monitor. But if you want to provide power to more than the refrigerator, you'll have more work to do.

If you have the Lippert Level-Up system, the control panel has a mode that shows battery voltage (or Power Converter output voltage when on shore power).

If you mostly want a battery voltage indicator for when running on batteries only, maybe you should just look for a digital display. Pick up voltage going to a control panel switch.

szewczyk_john

look at getting and installing a Trimetric 2030 monitor before you spend any money on other stuff. This device can and will show how much power you are using when you utilize different electrical devices. This will help you determine the amount of battery power needed and what size inverter you really need. You can not even trust the manuals that come with most electrical devices to give you the appropriate power usage. The only true way to determine you needs is to keep track of the way you use the devices that you have in your unit.