Paint code

CoveredWagon

Has anyone ever gotten the paint code for the j wrap on a Bighorn. I called Heartland CS and was given a code for Sikkens paint. I called several paint suppliers and they don’t have that code in their directories. They do have a conversion to a dark gray metallic, but my 2018 is a dark dark brown to almost charcoal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lou_and_Bette

Re: Paint codea

Dave, I believe your Bh is the same color as ours. I needed to touch up a place on our rear cap where a tree branch rubbed it. I got the paint codes from HL service and went to a local auto paint store to buy them. The light color was no problem but the dark color took some time to manually mix, computer wouldn’t do it. The light color was available in a “one step,” (clear coat in with base color) but dark color was only available in base color so clear coat must be applied after base coat is dry. Good luck in your search. BTW, I didn’t have to apply it to the J-wrap so can’t swear it would match.

pjones1969

If it was painted by Mikes Custom Painting you can call them, give them your VIN and they will send you the formulas for each color

*(574) 546-2161‬

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

I was looking for a paint to match the J wrap which is a dark brown. I spoke to a Heartland CS again today and was told (which makes sense to me) that they buy that material from a vendor and it is already painted when Heartland receives it, therefore Heartland doesn’t know the paint code. Seems to me though Heartland could find this out for us. I know I’m not the only one. One simple phone call from Heartland to the supplier and it’d be taken care of. Like other things a CS they could staple it on the wall with other notes.

Tom you listening 👂