Buying a dually

my wife flipped out about me buying another truck,said she would leave me if i did,,, (i want a dually),as i already have 2017 blk f350 srw shrt bx crew with 15k miles,and it has 37 options...so,i thought it over and ,went in the next day and told her i been reading horror stories on the internet, of people towing big rv,s.like our bighorn 3585rl, with a single rear wheel truck,and blowing a right rear,truck goes side ways and the rv runs over the truck and always kills the passenger in the front...I LOVE MY NEW 2018 LIMITED DUALLY F350 SHE BOUGHT ME,,she is easy

PondSkum

Re: buying a duelly

LOL. not sure if that's a true story or not, but mine went a little similar.. We bought the RW because we couldn't pass up the deal we got. Purchased from a family friend that just wanted out from under the payments, it had sat for 2 years never even used. They brought it home and parked it and it never moved. He hurt his back and was unable to drive for a while and definitely couldn't be hooking up 5th wheel hitches... Anyway, I had a 2500 Ram Mega Cab. Surely that was enough truck... Towed it a few times, and it pulled fine, but just didn't feel right. So told my wife about the same horror stories and we discussed trading in the camper on a smaller one, but we didn't want to do that really.. My 2500 only had 19,000 miles on it, I looked up blue book and looked online at what they were selling for used, and figured I had some good equity in it. So I went to the dealer and my wife told me if I could get out of there in a new dually with the same payments, then I could get one. So I went in there, they gave me almost what I paid for the truck new as trade in, basically gave me my money back.. LOL.. Ended up in the 2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab dually, with more features, for same payment, and only extended the length of my loan 1 year from where I was with the old truck.. I can say that the dually feels MUCH better pulling than the 2500 did, but empty it's kinda rough. LOL.

Sniper

my wife flipped out about me buying another truck,said she would leave me if i did,,, (i want a dually),as i already have 2017 blk f350 srw shrt bx crew with 15k miles,and it has 37 options...so,i thought it over and ,went in the next day and told her i been reading horror stories on the internet, of people towing big rv,s.like our bighorn 3585rl, with a single rear wheel truck,and blowing a right rear,truck goes side ways and the rv runs over the truck and always kills the passenger in the front...I LOVE MY NEW 2018 LIMITED DUALLY F350 SHE BOUGHT ME,,she is easy

Well played sir. Well played indeed! :D Post up some pics too!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired

Nicely done Bill! How about posting some pictures of that beauty?

Rod

SNOKING

LOL. not sure if that's a true story or not, but mine went a little similar.. We bought the RW because we couldn't pass up the deal we got. Purchased from a family friend that just wanted out from under the payments, it had sat for 2 years never even used. They brought it home and parked it and it never moved. He hurt his back and was unable to drive for a while and definitely couldn't be hooking up 5th wheel hitches... Anyway, I had a 2500 Ram Mega Cab. Surely that was enough truck... Towed it a few times, and it pulled fine, but just didn't feel right. So told my wife about the same horror stories and we discussed trading in the camper on a smaller one, but we didn't want to do that really.. My 2500 only had 19,000 miles on it, I looked up blue book and looked online at what they were selling for used, and figured I had some good equity in it. So I went to the dealer and my wife told me if I could get out of there in a new dually with the same payments, then I could get one. So I went in there, they gave me almost what I paid for the truck new as trade i basically gave me my money back.. LOL.. Ended up in the 2018 Ram 3500 Mega Cab dually, with more features, for same payment, and only extended the length of my loan 1 year from where I was with the old truck.. I can say that the dually feels MUCH better pulling than the 2500 did, but empty it's kinda rough. LOL.

When running around empty, lowering the rear tire pressure to 35 lbs will improve ride. I take it that you have the rear leaf springs and not the rear air suspension. Rears get 65 lbs for full 9750 rear axle load. 80 lbs inflation it the front all the time works the best for RAM duallies, along with having the toe in set to 1/32-1/16" vs the factory 1/4". The factory toe in setting leads to the out edge of the front tires to wear.

Chris

When running around empty, lowering the rear tire pressure to 35 lbs will improve ride. I take it that you have the rear leaf springs and not the rear air suspension. Rears get 65 lbs for full 9750 rear axle load. 80 lbs inflation it the front all the time works the best for RAM duallies, along with having the toe in set to 1/32-1/16" vs the factory 1/4". The factory toe in setting leads to the out edge of the front tires to wear.

Chris
what dont you think is a true story

Attachments

• DSCN6626.jpg
    DSCN6626.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN6627.jpg
    DSCN6627.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 103

my wife flipped out about me buying another truck,said she would leave me if i did,,, (i want a dually),as i already have 2017 blk f350 srw shrt bx crew with 15k miles,and it has 37 options...so,i thought it over and ,went in the next day and told her i been reading horror stories on the internet, of people’s towing big rv,s.like our bighorn 3585rl, with a single rear wheel truck,ander blowing a right rear,truck goes side ways and the rv runs over the truck and always kills the passenger in the front...I LOVE MY NEW 2018 LIMITED DUALLY F350 SHE BOUGHT ME,,she is easy

Lol, I hope she don’t read these forums! Bahahaha! Good one though, my wife would never fall for that one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYSUPstater

I swore on a stack of bibles that I'd never own a dually or pick up w/ training wheels as our son calls them. Bought a '15 F350 in Dec of '14 and thought we'd be good to go. Well we were for the coach we had at that time...all within trucks towing specs. Come last year and new RV and now over on truck specs. Not really worried about that, but NEVER gave the tires much thought. Many may have seen my posts about duallies recently. Long story short, heading down south later this year in heat of summer and the tire question was eating away at me inside. 3 weeks ago came home w/a '17 F350 dually. Just 2 more things to add and she's all set to go. 1st real tow is next week.

Both wife and I really didn't want to get a new truck as "old" one wasn't that old, but nagging feeling in pit of my stomach was eating at me. My Mom always said, "Trust your gut feeling/instincts".