Sealing Hydraulic ram area to prevent mice

rjr6150

At a Texas State Park and having minor issues with rodents. Sealed all areas with foam and steel wool. Not sure how to seal around the frame where the hydraulic ram exits. I have stuffed steel woo, for temporary fix. Ideas?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Been discussed prior
Use a rubber inner tube to make boot. Screw it to the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Covered mine like that several years ago. No chew marks on them, even before I started spraying the frame with MouseFree.

mlpeloquin

Did not get rats or mice in the fifth wheel, but when I replaced my pressure regulator I had to replace the gas line as well. It had several rat tooth marks with missing outer rubber jacket at each bite. All on the back side not visible from the front. So check your propane lines in the propane bottle storage area well.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
To seal larger holes with foam, tape a piece of screen over it, then spray the foam onto it. A liberal application around the edges into the screen will harden and hold it in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rjr6150

Thanks everyone.

After sealing with with black foam and the inner tube truck haven’t seen any of the little buggers in 4-5 days.

They we’re coming up from basement through the kitchen sink drain/waterline access. One thing did find out Fresh Cab doesn’t deter them. Had a new pouch pushed in the hole. Mr Mouse still came through possibly could have been the peanut butter on the trap next to it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks everyone.

After sealing with with black foam and the inner tube truck haven’t seen any of the little buggers in 4-5 days.

They we’re coming up from basement through the kitchen sink drain/waterline access. One thing did find out Fresh Cab doesn’t deter them. Had a new pouch pushed in the hole. Mr Mouse still came through possibly could have been the peanut butter on the trap next to it.

In addition to sealing holes, etc in the frame and underneath we have occasionally still had a visitor.
As to the access under the sink, I removed the cabinet floor and sealed the hole in floor around the drain with foam. That has pretty much limited them critters to the basement for entrapment

jimtoo

What ya'll need to do is come to Texas if them little mice are bothern ya'll. We don't have to plug them holes down here cause the mice we got cant get in them little holes,,, they to big. :) possum.jpg

mlpeloquin

What ya'll need to do is come to Texas if them little mice are bothern ya'll. We don't have to plug them holes down here cause the mice we got cant get in them little holes,,, they to big. :) View attachment 60872

Now that is funny. Have a few in the neighborhood here, but they are small compared to the big raccoons that walk around at night here.