Sliding closit door catches

grizzlygiant

I just returned from the Spokane RV show and noted that the Bighorn (I have one) still has those miserable excuses for door catches on the mirror sliding doors. The Sundance which I am purchasing has nice, easy to use, non-sharp catches. How about putting a posting on this Forum offering the new catches to current Bighorn owners as replacements?---a no-cost, install-it-yourself, offer would be a fantastic public relations gesture!

Niles

We just went to the local dealer this morning for some other goodies and we bought the catches for $8 at Modern Trailer Sales in Anderson,IN.

jbeletti

I just returned from the Spokane RV show and noted that the Bighorn (I have one) still has those miserable excuses for door catches on the mirror sliding doors. The Sundance which I am purchasing has nice, easy to use, non-sharp catches. How about putting a posting on this Forum offering the new catches to current Bighorn owners as replacements?---a no-cost, install-it-yourself, offer would be a fantastic public relations gesture!

To all,

LM/BH/BC product converted over to the new style latch in early 2008. So only early MY 2009 product and prior use the older style latch.

We are not considering a replacement program to replace the older style latches. However, the new style latches may be ordered from Heartland Customer Service through any Heartland Dealer as well as some of the sources other users have given.

Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We took our latches off, put velcro on the end of the door and the door frame, and that ended the problem. It doesn't come open when we travel and the latches are not there to break. Simple and cheap solution.

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
Luckily my arm ripper latches broke while under warranty and were replaced with the new style per my request. (told them I'd pay the difference, but my dealer didn't charge me) Awesome latches and no more sharp corners.