Help for a friend

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi everyone,
We have friends whose son was injured by tractor tire exploding in his face last Oct. He is making a slow recovery and will be ready to move to a special rehab center that specializes in tramatic brain injury in Bakersfield. There are only three of these places in the whole country and one of them is in Bakersfield? How lucky is that?

Anyway, the young man's dad (Rod) has quit his job, and will be moving down there to be close and help with the rehab. Leslie, his wife, will be down there as often as possible. They plan on putting their 40' Weekend Warrior down there somewhere for Rod to live in during Tyler's rehab.

Any suggestions about a god place to stay, for some unknown length, but definately long term camping? Someplace nice, safe, clean, and reasonably priced?

This whole thing has thrown them for a loop emotionally and financially, even though it was an on the job injury and covered by Ty's employer. I told them I would try to find a good place for them so they don't have to worry about it.

Thanks for your help. I know Rod and Leslie will appreciate it too.

Kristy

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Kristy, We all hope for the full recovery of this young man. Now as to where to stay. I am about 4 hours south of Bakerfield. Let me contact Theresa (TESSAM) and have her get a hold of you. She lives closer to Bakersfield. Too bad it isn't at Loma Linda in Redlands, we are about 45 minutes from there. Bob:D

jpmorgan37

Kristy;

Our prayers will be with the entire family for a full recovery. When we go to a new area that we aren't familiar with, this is where I look. RV Park Reviews At least, it will give them an idea of what the park is and the rates.

Hope this helps,

John

dtvista

Kristy

Hope things work out well for them. One place that can handle the Rig and does offer long term parking is the Orange Grove RV Park. It's about 4 or 5 miles east of Bakersfield on Hwy 58. We have stayed there many times as a 1/2 way stop in our travels. http://www.orangegrovervpark.com

Dave

TessaM

Past California Central Chapter Leader

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks!
I'll pass on both of those sites and the review site to our friends. I'm sure Rod could use something to do to keep him busy besides just hanging out in Ty's room. The whole family will be down there again this weekend to visit, so maybe Rod and Leslie can take a little road trip to visit a couple of places without worrying about leaving Ty with no family support. Ty is technically in a coma, but he is aware enough to know who is around and naturally he wants family around all the time.

Thanks again,
Kristy

Two Hands

We stayed in the Bakersfield RV Resort in November last year. It was very nice and quiet with an excellent staff. The on-site laundromat was the best we have ever used. The food in their restaurant was outstanding.

djgarcia

Positive thoughts on the young man's rehabilitation. I would also recommend "A county RV Park" and have stayed there numerious times on way to Ariz. Just another possibility, check with the local Elks lodge in Wasco about making some long term RV arrangements. If he is not an Elk member, they might make an exception considering the circumstances. I can't recommend the Elks Lodge right in Bakersfield for RVing considerations.

Last edited:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks for the positive thought. This thread is 3 years old though, so the need no longer exists. We do appreciate the thought though.
Kristy