Uneven heat in rear of camper

jmaguire

I have a 2010 Eagle Ridge 35DSRL and get almost no heat out of the rear ducts. I can block off the front 3 and get air, but it seems that something is wrong with the design that it can't push air back there. Anyone else seen this issue?

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I also felt a lack of heat in the right places! I removed the floor registers and did the mirror check. I found no blockage . I got on "HOOT" and went to links and clicked onto Rv Parts & Accessories then Dwin Corp . I upgrade and bought 4 floor register w/dampers I spent $3 dollars each. The dampers are nice to close when not in use keeping unwanted items from getting into the heat ducts.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Take a look behind the basement wall where the ducting connects to the furnace. If there are crimps or sharp bends in the vinyl ducting, your airflow will be restricted.

jmaguire

I am in the HVAC businesss and will check the ductwork. Being in the business I can also tell you that if a furnace is air restricted it will cause the heat exchanger to overheat greatly reducing it's life span.

wagenman

I am not sure about the Eagle Ridge but in the Sundance I had some issues with my heat ducts being pinched off by my stairs! There is about 5-6 good posts on this site already with some very usefull information. Do a search and see what you come up with... Also the vent covers that you can adjust is a great for putting heat where you need it and taking it away where you dont.. just my 2 cents...

Shadowchek

If you do some searches on this forum you will find potential problems and cures for this that have been done on other heartland units. I did a pretty extensive mod I posted on here also.

Greg

jmaguire

Heat fixed. Opened the furnace cabinet and found the 2 ducts that supply the rear 2 registers had popped off. I re attached the ducts and taped with UL181 foil tape so they wouldn't work loose again. Plenty of air to the rear ducts now. Unfortunately the furnace area was left very dirty and the return had pulled in god knows how much construction debris.