Replacement tires for my 2007 Sierra Classic 2500 HD LBZ

patrick1945

The OEM tires on my GMC are Bridgestone/V STEEL RIB/265/ LT 245/75 R16.

I will need to replace them before we leave on our next trip in December. These tires have served me well and might be a good choice again BUT:

1) I am thinking about a larger tire with the same load rating and
2) getting Michelin in stead of the bridgestones.

Opinions
thanks
Pat

Taz Devil

I am currently running the Firestone Transforce A/T (LT265 70R 17) on my Dodge 2500. Not a bad riding tire for a HD truck.

tmcran

IMHO --Michelin. I have used most brands but the Michelins have held up better than any of them for me. I drive over some rough country on the ranch and I can really stress tires over the rocks. Never had a failure or sidewall problem. Just spent the extra money for new Michelins.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I have replaced my OEM tires with Michelins. I also went up one tire size. While I really like my Michelins I will say that they seem to have a little bit of side to side sway. I am not sure if it is because of going up one tire size or if it is because of the deeper tread depth or a combination of the two. When it comes time I may go back to the original tire size.

Mark

Cyncwby

You might want to look at www.Tirerack.com for the specs, I questioned the load rating when I first saw them but I found out that they have a 3 ply sidewall instead of the normal 2 ply.

I have an '02 F-250 4X4 Powerstroke and wanted the heaviest duty 285/75/16 E rated tire available. I found a Goodrich T/A in that size that is rated at 3750 lbs. @ 80 psi. which actually is a G rating. The reviews on this tire were mostly 10's so I ended up buying a set. I run about 70 psi in them empty and no, they don't howl and so far they are wearing like iron........food for thought......Dave

jolar3329

I went with the LTX/MS 265/75 R16 tires. When the speedometer indicates 65 mph the GPS indicates 64 mph. So you end up with a speedometer that reads ever so slightly high. Of course, I didn't have any problems with the Bridgestone original tires.

Del600

Iowa Chapter Founding Father
I too am ready to replace tires... but to be honest, my bridfgestones have served me well, 50,000 miles well.

I am thinking of buying the same tire again.... any reason I shouldn't?

porthole

Retired
I replaced the puny 16" tires on my 2006 GMC Sierra 2 months ago.

Got a set of 2008 or 09 17" Bridgestone's. LT 265-70R 17. Came on new aluminum wheels with caps. Load range E, 3200 pounds.

They were takes on eBay. $1100 for four delivered. Tires were like new, still had all the nubs on them.

They look much better on the truck.