Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hydraulic Isolation valves

1. Print this Post   #11

I did the modifications last saturday, I bought 4 Hyd. Ball valves rated at 3500PSI, and 1 Hose at 30Ft and a second hose at 20 Ft both rated at 3200 PSI. With all the fittings it cost me $284 Can. Now I can open all slides or select the slide to open. I installed the valves on the return lines by the pump, like the Limpert Diagram showed and it was realy easy to reroute the lines at the cylinder because the fittings were at the frame area. One new line (30Ft) goes to the desk slide, one new line connected to the Table/Couch slide (20Ft) by disconnecting the line at the desk cylinder it allowed connection on the table side by the wheels. Blocked off the line from the kitchen slide to the table slide with female plug at the table slide. That way I was not required to open the kitchen side at all. I was very carefull and make sure the lines were blocked before moving then. No dust went in the lines and the oil barely leaked out.
    Barbara and Laurent, Retired teacher and maintenance/engineering,Full Timing
    Mods: Hydraulic selector valves, Queen bed, heavier front closet rod, W/D door swing changed, 2" rear hitch. 2" pin box hitch.Added build in water filter, Replaced HW Tank Fittings. Modified 2 ceiling vents. Relocated shocks to 60deg. 9/16" U-bolts and spring plates.Center 7500 lbs Scissor Stabilizer Jacks. Hawkshead TPMS. Reinforced kitchen sink supports.More supports and longer rails to couch drawer. Modified bedroom steps for storage. Modified landing gear jacks, etc.
    2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Use ScangaugeII for Economy, available 60 XGauges and Scanner, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Max Energy by Hypertech set at 85HP for cooling, torque and economy. ELC Coolant and Filter and EGR cooler deleted. 2 added 1300lbs each spring plies, Fuel mileage 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. 6.2" din2 touch screen car Radio with DVD, TV, CD,SD,USB, GPS and Rear Cam,

2. Print this Post   #12

You will really like this change. It is one of the main reasons we chose the Augusta. Sounds like you did a great job. Be really careful when checking for hydraulic leaks. If HP oil enters you skin it can be deadly or sure make you sick.

I think a lot of folks would like the independent control for a variety of reasons. Great post.

3. Print this Post   #13

All the fittings that I moved or changed are visible through the cylinder shaft hole by the frame. I will keep an eye on the situation. The lines I installed are heavier and are running along the right side frame from front to back, it should not add much more weight to the under belly sheeting.
    Mods: Hydraulic selector valves, Queen bed, heavier front closet rod, W/D door swing changed, 2" rear hitch. 2" pin box hitch.Added build in water filter, Replaced HW Tank Fittings. Modified 2 ceiling vents. Relocated shocks to 60deg. 9/16" U-bolts and spring plates.Center 7500 lbs Scissor Stabilizer Jacks. Hawkshead TPMS. Reinforced kitchen sink supports.More supports and longer rails to couch drawer. Modified bedroom steps for storage. Modified landing gear jacks, etc.
    2005 Ford F250 SD, XL F250 4x4, Long Box, 6.0L Diesel, 6 Speed Stick, Use ScangaugeII for Economy, available 60 XGauges and Scanner, Fuel Pressure Gauge, Max Energy by Hypertech set at 85HP for cooling, torque and economy. ELC Coolant and Filter and EGR cooler deleted. 2 added 1300lbs each spring plies, Fuel mileage 21 MPusG empty, 12.6 MPusG pulling the BC. 6.2" din2 touch screen car Radio with DVD, TV, CD,SD,USB, GPS and Rear Cam,

4. Print this Post   #14

Did you use 3/8 inch hydraulic lines? Just curious as they are readily available at farm supply stores or custom made at all farm equipment dealers.

5. Print this Post   #15

I had 1/4" line made to my specs, I choosed 3500PSI hoses and Valves, I did not know the lenght of the lines to use so I had on done at 30 ft, and the other at 20 ft. All the fittings on the lines are 1/4" Swivel Female JIC. there are 2 cylinders with a tee connection that allowed the return line to run to 3 cylinders in series. The bedroom slide cylinder is already seperated at the pump. Now I have a 30ft hose going to the Desk Slide. The 20ft hose is connected to the line that was running to the desk slide from the Table slide that I rerouted direct to the pump, and plugged the other side of the tee. I blocked of the Line from the Kitchen slide to the table slide, so as to only have the kitchen slide on the line. Each of the 4 Hoses now have a manual shut off at the pump. I was going to valve the supply line to the rear of the cylinders, but Limpert Diagram shows the slide return lines are to be valved off, and also the valves are located on the outside lines at the pump for easier access. Also these lines are easier to access because they are close to the frame. It took me 2 hrs to select the right fittings, but everything fit well and I was left with 2 Female caps, 1 union.

Materials used:
    1. 30ft 1/4" Hose w/JIC Swivel Fem. Ends 3500PSI W.P
    1. 20ft 1/4" Hose w/JIC Swivel Fem. Ends 3500PSI W.P
    4. 1/4" NPT Hyd. Ball Valves 3200PSI W.P
    4. 1/4" MNPT-MJIC Adapter
    4. 1/4" MNPT-FJIC Swivel Adapter
    2. 1/4" FJIC Swivel-MJIC-MJIC Tee
    1. 1/4" MJIC-MJIC Union
    2. 1/4" FJIC Cap
    2. 1/4" MJIC Plug

Terms: M is for Male, F is for Female, JIC is the type of Hyd. hose fitting that is used on our units. NPT is for National Pipe Threads.
    Last edited by caissiel; 10-11-2009 at 09:36 PM.

6. Print this Post   #16
    Mississippi Chapter Leaders mountainlovers76's Avatar

[quote=lwmcguir;93158].. Be really careful when checking for hydraulic leaks. If HP oil enters you skin it can be deadly or sure make you sick.
    quote]

I can not say what is used on the Landmarks but on my Bighorn it is simple transmission fluid in the hydraulic system. It even states that in the paperwork.
    Ricky, Rachel with Gracie and Isaiah our Yorkies
    2014 Landmark Key Largo
    2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Crew Cab Short Bed-Home
    2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4X4 Crew Cab Long Bed- TOW

Hensley TS3 Air Hitch
    American Tank 80 Gal Combo Box-Custom Build

7. Print this Post   #17

Thats what it looks like, Automatic Transmission oil. I was the Hydraulic Supervisor at the mill I retired from. We did have lots of hose leaks, filter changes and valve maintenance that leaked oil.

8. Print this Post   #18

Any oil under high pressure that enters your skin may kill you. It will certainly make you sick. The recommended oil for almost all of the slide systems is Mercon V which is a synthetic. Will still make you sick if the 3500 pound oil leak punctures your skin. Be careful when checking for leaks. Use a piece of cardboard, not your hand.

9. Print this Post   #19

Thanks for the info on the fittings and hose. Will be handy if I break one later on. JIC are available at all the normal places that make hose assemblies. This is a big help.

10. Print this Post   #20

Let me clear up my post a bit. The oil isnt going to bother you much if you just get it on your skin. Wash it off like you would any other grime. The problem is if you have a pin hole leak that is under pressure and you stick you eye or skin in the way. Then you are seriously hurt. Be careful and wear eye protection when looking at fittings under pressure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast