A BH in my future

Thank you all for posting here! Your comments and info are all so helpful~ I have been researching for the past 4 months to find out everything I can about RV's and boy, is there a lot to learn! I started out convinced that the future held a Heartland TT, North Country.... but then saw the BH - wow..... home sweet home on wheels! We are down to two now, and will be attending a couple of RV shows in the near future to compare the Everest to Big Horn - they seem very compariable, but I like the frame construction of the BH more...safety is my first priority, reliability, and comfort for me, my son and and our two shelties (and sometimes my little grandson) The 3500RL is the front runner for us now, but I wish there was a front end living space built by Heartland (such as the Everest 352L)

well, again, thank you all for commenting here - I have been reading for quite some time and gathering information.... we hope to join you soon on the road...... Stay safe~

time.... the one thing you can never get more of, and never get back... invest wisely! Godspeed

L~~

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the forum nextchapter2come. We all hope you choose Heartland. I believe for the money, quality, customer service and our loyal family, Heartland is the best choice. When you compare apples to apples, Heartland has the better shine.

BH in my future, correcton

thank you for your reply..... I correct myself, the model I am looking at is BH - 3600RL (too many numbers for a newbie)

I plan to continue to work full time at my current job which I now do in my stick and brick home remotely - with all the options for internet connection available today this should not be a problem

I was reading last night about the Carriage - Cameo in particular - they do not void any part of the warrenty for full timing.... why do you think this is such an issue? Why do almost all manufactures do this? Just curious - and I wonder if they consider ir full time if you are in your home sweet home on wheels say, 5 out of 12 months?

have a great day...

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Welcome to the forum. FYI the Everest is a decent however I do not think you will find anything that will compare to the service and support you will find from Heartland. That, to me, is the very most important thing you will need to look at. Remember, your RV is a house on wheels and with all the bumps and shakes it receives things will break. When that happens the most important thing is to have a company that will stand behind their product. Heartland does. The Big Horn is a great coach and has many features you will not find with other manufacturers. Good luck in your search and we hope you will be joining our "family".

2010augusta

I was reading last night about the Carriage - Cameo in particular - they do not void any part of the warrenty for full timing.... why do you think this is such an issue? Why do almost all manufactures do this? Just curious - and I wonder if they consider ir full time if you are in your home sweet home on wheels say, 5 out of 12 months?

The reason that some companies will shorten the warranty for full-timers is the constant use could accelerate the wear and tear on some of the items. That is if "normal" use is a few weekends a months for 8 months a year, that is about the same as a couple months of full-time use. However, in some ways full-timing is easier on the trailer, because we do not move the trailer very often, so the springs and axles do not take the bumps a week-ender can. Now I know some full-timers can put many thousands of mile a year on a trailer too, but in our case we have only traveled about 10,000 miles last year and are looking at 0 miles next year.

We have not had any warranty changes with the full-time use, Heartland has been great about sending replacement parts out to repair the few issues we have had with our landmark. The suplliers have been easy to with too.

Hope you find your dream trailer and it will be a heartland.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
thank you for your reply..... I correct myself, the model I am looking at is BH - 3600RL (too many numbers for a newbie)

I plan to continue to work full time at my current job which I now do in my stick and brick home remotely - with all the options for internet connection available today this should not be a problem

have a great day...

Hi...I can tell you from experience, you will absolutely LOVE the 3600RL!!

We have an 08' 3600RL and have lived in it fulltime since picking it up the first week of July 2007. I understand your concern about the fulltime "exclusion" that virtually all manufacturers use in their written warranties. However, I can tell you that as far as Heartland is concerned, it is basically an "out" for those who literally "abuse" their units...and we've all seen those, i.e., offroading, non-maintenance, etc.

We have had warranty work done on several occasions and I know for a fact, that Heartland is well aware that we fulltime in this unit, and during our warranty period they never once batted an eye at taking care of our warranty issues! Don't feel that you have to spend a whole lot more to get the coverage that some so-called "fulltime" units tout...Heartland does take care of their customers!

We are one of many fulltimers living in Heartland units, and we travel alot! We have put well over 35,000 miles on this unit, and it is holding up beautifully, inside and out! We know many of the other fulltimers and have never heard of Heartland not taking care of any of them...there is the occasional exception, however, who no one could satisfy, but that's another story!;)

So don't worry about fulltiming in a Bighorn...Heartland will be there!!:D

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

have a great day...

I too looked at Cameo before purchasing our Landmark. I liked their 2 year warranty but felt they were a bit pricey. I really felt that Heartland offered more for the money. I also was already part of the Heartland family having owned a Bighorn. I really like the family, once you're family you can never leave. LOL I can also vouch for the customer service. Heartland is very customer oriented. We know Ken and Kathy (
kakampers) and many other fulltimers with Heartland units from Sundance up to Landmarks. All seem to like them very much.

Good luck,
Mark