Thread: boondocking in oregon

1. Print this Post   #1

boondocking in oregon

Hi all,

I live in the portland oregon area and am looking for out of the way places to go camping. I don't need hookups, (cyclone) I just like getting away from the usual crowds once in awhile. Also have 4 dogs, not much fun at a campground. So if anyone knows of places to go that might be alittle off by the beaten path, please let me know. Mountians, desert, beach, all fine by us.

Thanks, Bob

2. Print this Post   #2
    tgboyd

Bob,

Have you been to the Owyhee river area in southeast Oregon? We hunt Chukar over in there in October and November. It is a very remote area and a great place for dogs to run and have a good time. All the reserviors and rivers have a high mercury content however, so not a great place to fish if you are going to eat them. We actually picked the Cyclone so we could haul our Kawasaki mule with us hunting. There is a campground in Rome if you need gas and propane or you can go to Jordan Valley. It is a long way from Portland, but even longer from Texas, but worth the drive if you like remote..

Tom