Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Lippert Level Up System

1. Print this Post   #1

Lippert Level Up System

Does anyone have the Lippert Automatic leveling system?.. How do they work and are they worth the money?
    Last edited by houndog-man; 06-15-2010 at 02:23 PM.

2. Print this Post   #2
    Past Heartland Ambassador kakampers's Avatar

Re: Lippert Level Up System

EVERY SINGLE PENNY!! And we don't even have the automatic version...we do have a remote though, but have to control the landing gear and each side separately. Still allows us to have it off the truck and completely level in less than two minutes...

Next one will have the completely automatic system...someday...
    Ken & Kathy - H.O.C. #1077
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

3. Print this Post   #3

hdm,

I have it. Love it. Get one!

The system you can get on a Landmark at time of order is called Lippert Electronic Leveling. It levels automatically at the push of a button on a control panel. There are other controls as well. There are 4 hydraulic jacks and the rear electric stabilizers are integrated with the system in that they deploy automatically after the system is level. They automatically raise/store when the system is re-powered on when it's time to break camp and hook up to the truck. Once hitched, there is a Auto-Retract button you hit to bring up the 4 hydraulic jacks.

The system you can get from Lippert is the Trailair LevelUp system. There are 6 hydraulic jacks with this system. The rear electric stabilizers are not integrated with this system but can still be used like you use them now. I am not certain as to whether LevelUp can be gotten with a full automatic leveling feature or not. Probably can be. I do know there is an option remote control system available for it. I'd love to have that feature

Both are AWESOME systems that add tremendous value to your RVing experience. If a person's budget can handle it, I'd always recommend getting it, either at time of order (if available), or aftermarket.

There are other leveling systems as well. Another popular system comes from Quadra Manufacturing and it's called Bigfoot. For a 5th wheel, it typically consists of 4 self-contained hydraulic systems/jacks. They are each connected to a centralized control system. I know of 3 Heartland owners (1 Landmark and 2 Bighorn) that have this system and they like it.

Best of luck to you in your research and decision.

Jim

4. Print this Post   #4
    Doug S

I took ownership about 2 weeks ago and have used the leveling system about 6 times on this trip and they work great. I guess they should be a time saver, but I just enjoy watching them work, so I stop working to watch the system work.
    A worth while option.

DougS

5. Print this Post   #5

Does anyone know what the actual cost of the Automatic Level Up system from Lippert?

I was told it was available but the price I was quoted was $4300 for the wireless system and can upgrade to the automatic system at an additional cost.

BC
    Travel safe & may God bless
    Bob Curry & Trevor
    2016 F350 CC SRW LB 4WD
    Ruby Red 08 Bighorn 3400RE #9948
    Mor/Ryde 7k IS, 8k DB * 17.5 Rims w/G114 GY Tires
    Bigfoot Auto Leveling
    Escapee 96030 * Fulltime since 10-08-2007
    Club Member # 1081

6. Print this Post   #6

Last year I paid $3,200, which included replacing the front electric landing gear with the Mobile Suites hydraulic legs. It also included the remote.
    '17 GMC 3500HD Denali 4WD DRW Long Bed w/Nav, Sunroof, Curt 24Q, WIFI, Sprayed liner, Deep Ruby Metallic!
    '2013 Landmark Key Largo, Fullbody Paint and virtually every option PLUS Mor Ryde IS and Disc Brakes - Our Dream Coach!!

7. Print this Post   #7
    Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired katkens-DW's Avatar

Bob, Lippert is offering the level up for 2400.00 for the rally people that is with installation included. MSRP at 4295.00 offer is good from 6/11/10 - 8/18/10 . Kathy
    Kathy & Ken
    Autumn and Razz (Welsh Springer Spaniels)
    2014 Ford F350 Lariat 4x4
    Reese Signature Series 18K Hitch
    2007 Bighorn 3055RL #5303
    Heartland Owners Club #1027
    Dancer,Saddie, Sneakers RIP

8. Print this Post   #8
    Senior Member Delaine and Lindy's Avatar

Dale Fenton is here in Colorado Springs at the Rally. He is the person that designed the Level Up system. And yes there is a fully automatic Level up system on a test 5th at he rally. Watched it work last night very interesting. Worked great. We are on our second Level up system and if you ever have the system you will never ever go back to the electric system. Pull two 5th wheels in a site at the same time one with the old system and one with the Hydraulic Level up system. The Hydraulic system will be unhooked and set up before you can get unhooked with the electric system. I highly recomend the Level up system. The 6 hydraulic jacks will lift the 5er off the ground, there are a couple setting here that has one side 4" off the Ground because the site is unlevel been setting like that since Saturday. Its like night and day difference. The cost will depend on what they have to do to install the system. We had ours installed when we order our 5th wheel. GBY......

9. Print this Post   #9

Quote Originally Posted by katkens-DW View Post
    Bob, Lippert is offering the level up for 2400.00 for the rally people that is with installation included. MSRP at 4295.00 offer is good from 6/11/10 - 8/18/10 . Kathy
    If it's like last year, $2,400.00 is just for the Level-Up which consists of the 4 legs surrounding the axles. If you have electric landing gear that will have to be changed...last year that cost me $800.00....total = $3,200.00....

10. Print this Post   #10
    Past Florida Chapter Leader

hounddog-man
    When I was thinking about the things I disliked about my last 5er, disconnecting and leveling was right up at the top. When I was looking at BH's I looked at a Landmark and saw the self leveling system. I inquired and found out they would install the system during the build for $23-2400. I ordered mine with electronic leveling and like someone else said, mine is set up in about 2 minutes and I'm not sweating in this 108deg heat index. It's slicker that anything. Works great, hope it last forever.
    Mickey
    BONNIE, MICKEY, and Max
    HEARTLAND OWNERS CLUB #1249
    2011-2013 CHAPTER LEADERS - FLORIDA
    2011 BIG HORN 3585, AUTO LEVEL, #0039
    2000 watt Magna Power Pure-Sine inverter
    880 AH Battery Bank, 2nd A/C, Trail Air Pin Box

2000 International 8100 with Magma Toter Body
    ET Air Ride Hitch, with Brinkley Head, 4 bag system
    10 KW Kuboto gen.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast