EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, West Creek - 5/20/2011 to 5/22/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Harriet,

The North Route 9 Corridor Bus from AC will be the one headed from AC to Lakewood. I believe it is the #559. The stop is in front of the campground on Route 9 in Eagleswood, NJ, Indicated as West Creek on the chart. Here is a like to the time table.
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0559.pdf be sure to look at page 2 for AC to Lakewood times.

Last edited:

hillsonwheels

Howdy!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we will be attending the NJ camp out. We feel it's our duty to help you folks with your "suthren" language lessons. :rolleyes: Will be arriving on 18th and departing on the 23rd. Hope this doesn't ruin your day! :eek:

Dick

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Howdy!!!

Just wanted to let you know that we will be attending the NJ camp out. We feel it's our duty to help you folks with your "suthren" language lessons. :rolleyes: Will be arriving on 18th and departing on the 23rd. Hope this doesn't ruin your day! :eek:

All y'all never roon'd daday! Ya made it! Tanks! As a side note: Class begins with the first crackle of the campfire!

dieselsweetheart

We are booked! Coming in on Friday and we'll be at site #519. Yay! Deb, just FYI, they took a deposit of $64 and said that's what they are charging everyone as a deposit. The discount then I guess will be applied when we pay the remaining. So you may want to publish that deposit fee in your opening thread...cause I was surprised.

So add us to your list!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are booked! Coming in on Friday and we'll be at site #519. Yay! Deb, just FYI, they took a deposit of $64 and said that's what they are charging everyone as a deposit. The discount then I guess will be applied when we pay the remaining. So you may want to publish that deposit fee in your opening thread...cause I was surprised.

So add us to your list!!!

You are surely added to the list and I will again speak with them because depending who answers the phone it seems the story changes. They do not put one person in charge because of the winter hours and shift coverage. I will try to get to the bottom of it though. Thanks for letting me know!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Howdy!!!

Dick

Did they assign you a site number Dick? If not I'll call and get it!

Jim & Harriet

hi Deb,
just read Cheryl's note - and saw she had been given a site # - I don't want
to confuse the issue but I just wanted to remind you that when we registered
we did not get a site #, and we were only charged $57 for the deposit with a balance
of $34.20 to be paid at check-in (for two nights starting on the 20th and also for any
extra nights we might add at that time.) this is close to the $46 posted fee...
I guess as long as we all bring our confirmation emails they will know what balance to
actually charge us when we arrive.

I do not envy you trying to keep all of this straight. :)

so, if you can get us a site # too (in that "green" row) - that would be great.
thanks again for all your work on this rally!
H

dieselsweetheart

I got my receipt via email and my balance due is $37.00. The lady told me they charge EVERYBODY $64 for the deposit and then they will attach the group discount at check-in. So 64 + 37 = $101 which divided by 2 nights = $50.50. Ok, that seems to be more than $46. It'll get worked out...I'm not worried about it... I'm just glad to be reserved!~

hillsonwheels

Deb,

They didn't give me a site # when I made my reservation. Asked for a $57 deposit and thanked me very much.

Hope all's well on the NJ end of the world. Oh, by the way, we hail from FL not VA. We summer in VA.

Dick

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
All is well in NJ except the amount of deposits at the CG. I'm going to try to get together with them today. FYI, they do call the dirt in the pull through sites "premium" around these parts so maybe some employees are taking deposits based upon "back in dirt" verses "premium pull-thru dirt". Either way I'll get-r-dun!

There is nothin' in the world like good ol' Jersey Campgrounds! Independent don't need your business attitudes, outdated facilities/services and overgrown with seasonals! But in light of all that (cause it's all been said before) we are going to have a great time so come on up and please bring some a yer "Hillbilly Hill" buddies with ya!

I'll fix your location - sorry! Ya get me so confused!

Jim & Harriet

gosh Deb you make NJ sound so invting... we had a great time this year and expect
that will be the case next year too.
As for the deposits, perhaps our reservation info. was taken by the same person who spoke with Dick as his was
the same $57 but no site #. Our confirmation email does not mention a pull-thru or back-in. We would prefer the
pull-thru. I am sure you will get it all worked out.
If possible I would appreciate knowing where we will be parking - just to make my OCD brain happy!
thanks again for all your work - not an easy task!
H

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
gosh Deb you make NJ sound so invting... we had a great time this year and expect
that will be the case next year too.
H

Jim,

As of today, I attempted to get in touch with them and their answering system picked up everytime. I only left one message though! I'll have to wait for them to call me back. I know she said they were going to be on vacation and I think this may be the time. I will try again towards the end of the week.

Thay had said that they would prefer NOT to assign sites to afford last minute reservations by a Big Rig. All the sites in that area are good size so I really don't see that as a problem. I had already asked for Pull Thru first and then back in but they prefer to assign by rig size. I'll keep trying and myself would prefer to have sites numbers assigned.

I will also inquire into different deposit amounts.

Jersey is a great place to visit but their camping facilities are older properties and (for the most part) have not been brought up to speed! We actually love it here and that's why we want to retire in Virginia!

Jim & Harriet

hi again Deb,
it will all work out... and you know what they say,
Virginia is for lovers -
and for anyone wanting to retire from New Jersey!
H

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just wanted everyone to know I am not ignoring the deposit question or the site assignments. It seems I am stuck in a game of phone tag and I am sure we will connect soon. With their reduced office hours for the winter and my increased work schedule we are having a tough time finding one another. Sorry for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.