Removing TV in 3585

adcruise

I need to access the rear of my TV in the livingroom of our 3585, anyone done this? What's the best way to get access to plug into the set? Found out how, remove the screw in the upper right corner of the TV that runs into the cabinet, then slide to the right.

Last edited:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you need to remove the TV, remove three screws in the trim board above the TV as well as the one you already removed. Then push the board in. Lift up the TV and pull out. Getting that board back in can be a challange.

Peace
Dave

funntheson

A somewhat related question. The bedroom tv has a restraint strap for travel. Should the living room tv have some sort of restraint as well, or is that not necessary due to the way it is mounted?

adcruise

Found the piece holding the TV down to be easy in and out by rotating it down behind the set, same rotation when putting it back in. Was easy to remove, now putting a 1 1/2 inch hole saw through that desk top was a challenge... HARD wood! Cutting a hole behind the set, 3 seconds, same hole in the middle shelf under the desk, 2 seconds... but that desktop... burned up the whole saw LOL. But when all done, clean install of the computer connected to the TV. Wireless mouse and keyboard stows away with the computer and battery backup power supply. Now to get my satellite to work!