3814 in NH finally

trackeer

I have a few questions about our new camper;

The camper was delivered here to NH from RV Wholesalers, it arrived with NO manuals other than the simple owners guide is this the norm?
The campers slides closed are sticking out on the bottom about a inch or so, I am told this is a adjustment to the slider mechanism and the sliders should sit fairly even on the camper at all four corners.
The LCD tv's frame is scratched up pretty good and we recieved no remotes for the TV or Radio/DVD Player.
For what ever reason the photos won't attach, but I do have photos showing the issue.

Thanks

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
We got a thick folder full of manuals and remotes so I'd say you are missing some stuff. This //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24584-Slide-out-adjustment will take you to a recent slide adjust topic and the frame on our TV shows rubbing where the retaining straps are. You can down load many of the manuals by clicking on tools at the top of the page. How long you been in Nashua? I was born at Memorial on main street and grew up in Merrimack and Amherst.

trackeer

Memorial Hospital is no longer, it is now Southern Regional and has grown significantly since the days of Memorial, they own a HUGE chunk of that section of the city. Been here most of my life with a few forays here and there and a 3 years of Military Service.
I did see the Forum Topic on the sliders and did print the Manual and actually have been printing those I think are important. The scratchs are not from the strap and they would be ok if they were'nt so deep and that is my wifes issue, the TV is not a priority for me, I want to make that the dealer and Heartland take care of biz.

Thanks.

robnmo

Something we do also (for future reference) the Mrs puts a dishcloth folded several times between the straps and TV...............that's for AFTER you get your current one taken care of. ;)

jimtoo

I have a few questions about our new camper;

The camper was delivered here to NH from RV Wholesalers, it arrived with NO manuals other than the simple owners guide is this the norm?
The campers slides closed are sticking out on the bottom about a inch or so, I am told this is a adjustment to the slider mechanism and the sliders should sit fairly even on the camper at all four corners.
The LCD tv's frame is scratched up pretty good and we recieved no remotes for the TV or Radio/DVD Player.
For what ever reason the photos won't attach, but I do have photos showing the issue.

Thanks

Hi trackeer,

You should be calling RV Wholesellers. The manuals that come with the unit are not the best, but you should have gotten a general owners manual and all the manuals for all the appliances that are installed in your unit. You should have received these when you did the PDI and you checked everything to make sure all was operating properly. A PDI is one of the most important things when you take delivery of a new unit.

If you have questions about your delivery... contact your dealer.

Jim M

71stang99

I also purchased from RVW just a couple of weeks ago. Received a large blue zipper bag with all of the individual component manuals and remotes for the two TVs and car radio/entertainment center.

They did not provide me dining tables in the main slide so I guess the QC needs to be improved.

My biggest issues so far were the AV setup on the TV and the Happy Jack system has a problem with one of the posts (not fixed yet). The other stuff so far has come together with a few fixes by me.

trackeer

Hey Jim et al.,

Absolutely,

We did a walk through with the driver and noted the missing manuals, remotes, etc., but sometimes a simple walk through doesn't pick up the issues one see's when cleaning and taking the time to really look and other issues rear their ugly heads after the fact.
In this case RV Wholesalers is dropping the ball, the slide issue should have been dealt with before it was sent from Ohio to NH, someone should have done a pre-delivery inspection to make sure things like manuals and more than one set of keys were present, we spent 45 bucks today for blanks.
As for Heartland if the dealer is not returning calls or answering e-mails because they claim our server "Comcast" bounces their e-mails back a customer has to reach out to someone to resolve the problem and I fully intend to use any resources to that end.

Thanks

Moe in NH

71stang99

I totally agree with your post. RVW would communicate just fine when making the deal but to schedule delivery took an act of congress. I also love how they only responds to emails once in a while or in the case of voice mails never.

The happy jack problem would have been discovered if they would have operated the system just once! I went to lower the couch/bed and it could not go all the way down and that when the problem was discovered. Ive yet to get into the fix as its been hot in the afternoon and time has been short. Just like the tables, I sent RVW an email about them missing in the photos they sent of the trailer prior to buying and they never addressed it. Now I went to Heartland direct and have to nag them just because RVW does not send over the initial acceptance form from when they bought it from Hearlan(Its been two weeks and still no tables). Still it should have been discovered just like the AV problems I had that should have been discovered during the initial inspection.

trackeer

Thanks Stang,

Sometimes as they say "Crap Happens" and I'm not expecting anything more than the product I paid for and if it's not right the service needed to make it right. I hate BS and I don't play that way and don't expect to be treated that way, RV Wholesalers sold us a beautiful camper and at a price that made buying it from them a good deal otherwise we could have easliy bought something local and I had my eye's on a Open Range TH, so RV Wholesalers sells a crap load of campers now they need to make sure Customer Service follows through to make sure those campers are what folks expect, without all the BS.
Rob I see you have now alerted all of us to your retirement;), must you insisit on rubbing it in, lmao. I like the cloth around the TV at the straps, good idea, the scratchs on our TV is on the sides where there is no strap, looks like someone tracked down a TV and shoved it in the hole.

robnmo

Thanks Stang,

Sometimes as they say "Crap Happens" and I'm not expecting anything more than the product I paid for and if it's not right the service needed to make it right. I hate BS and I don't play that way and don't expect to be treated that way, RV Wholesalers sold us a beautiful camper and at a price that made buying it from them a good deal otherwise we could have easliy bought something local and I had my eye's on a Open Range TH, so RV Wholesalers sells a crap load of campers now they need to make sure Customer Service follows through to make sure those campers are what folks expect, without all the BS.
Rob I see you have now alerted all of us to your retirement;), must you insisit on rubbing it in, lmao. I like the cloth around the TV at the straps, good idea, the scratchs on our TV is on the sides where there is no strap, looks like someone tracked down a TV and shoved it in the hole.

YES :D:D:D:D
Still got ya on the schedule for that shrimpy boil and clam bake too. ;)

trackeer

Were in, just bring that big camper this way and we'll head to Maine and other points north and east and maybe if time permits west.

TwoGypsies

Hi Trackeer,

I hope you're getting your issues straightened out. We bought our 3812 from RVW in February. In our case we drove up to Ohio and pulled it home to south Texas ourselves. We had an old 'beater' Tioga motorhome about 20 years ago but consider ourselves complete rookies to 5th wheels and of course a lot has changed. We did expect to have a few issues surface and of course they did. However we found RVW to be quite responsive and supportive. In most cases we just made the fixes ourselves as it was less hassle than dragging the trailer into a shop. Here's everything we found:

-bad leak under the sink. The trap was loose and this was an easy fix.
-icemaker didn't work. I found the plug and the water valve and got it working.
-small tear in carpet. We saw this in the walk-through and RVW took photos and opened up an issue with Heartland. We received authorization to get a local installer to replace it. Heartland offered to ship matching material to the installer. We never had time to get the repair done may not bother. It's pretty small and my main concern was getting it logged in case it got bigger which it has not.
-remote for the tv didn't work. We bought a cheap universal remote. To their credit RVW offered to send us a new remote at no charge. We just didn't think it was worth the bother as we knew we'd be getting a satellite receiver and wanted a universal remote anyway.
-bathroom sink taps were loose on the sink. I tightened it.
-1 Fantastic fan was fouling on the aftermarket outer cover. I adjusted the outer cover.
-water leaked back into the fresh water tank when connected to shore. RVW offered to ship us a new pump with integral check valve but asked us to run the original in case there was some startup trash fouling the original check valve. We did it and it worked.
-fridge was very erratic. This was the only serious problem we had. RVW supported us in getting a certified local Dometic service to look at it. M&G Trailer Ranch in Clute, TX had the trailer for about 3 weeks leading right up to our departure on our present multi-month trip so it was a nail-biter. They eventually found a fuse that was bent such that it sometimes made the connection and sometimes didn't. It works gangbusters now and is one of our favorite features of our trailer.

Our present status is that we are very happy and satisfied with the purchase. Everyone warned us to expect a few 'shakedown' issues and we've had them. The trailer pulls very well and everything is working out well for us as of 6 weeks on the road. Our issues:
-We can't get the parks' cable tv signal through the trailer. I can run a line through the door and go directly into the tv and it works, so there's a bad connection somewhere.
-The rear corners of the larger slides stick out about an inch when closed.
-Many of the cupboards are very shallow, limiting their usefulness. We have made one mod and are considering others.
-The oven is awkward to light. It does work well but there's not much vertical space. If we want to do a turkey we'll have to run it over to flatten it out as the first step.
-The closet pole for hanging clothes failed. We beefed it up.
-The bag that holds the air mattress in the loveseat tore in several places with daily use. The mattress itself has provision to connect to the frame and it's working ok.
-We've fixed a couple of cupboard door/upholstery issues that we caused ourselves.
-We thought we'd get a manual that was specific to our trailer. The info is kind of like a doughnut. There's a hole in the middle. We used colored water to figure out which dump valves are for which drains, and we've managed to figure out most everything else apart from the tv wiring.

OK, that was a lot longer than I thought, but maybe our experience will be of interest or of value to someone. Maybe it looks like a lot of hassles and issues but from our perspective we would buy this trailer again in a second... or maybe a 3612 which was a close second when we made the decision. We're thinking of retrofitting a washer/dryer.

gpshemi

Wow. That's alot of issues really. Our 3612 only had the water pump issue. I had a local dealer swap pumps with me. The internal check valve was bad in the pump. We were filling tanks when hooked up. It's fine now.

As for the cable, I had some trouble figuring mine out as well, but ultimatly I found that I had to make a jumper in the bedroom cabinet from either SAT, or ANT(?) over to another TV jack (to TV?). Seems this allows you to switch back and forth. IDK...but once I made the little 4" jumper it all works fine now. You're spot on though...a manual explaining all that would have been nice, prevented me an hours worth of frustration, and should have been provided.

71stang99

Just an update. The tables arrived last week from Heartland. I have not inspected them as the trailer is parked in NV and I am two time zones away until November so the neighbor tossed them in the 'garage'.

I never was able to check out either of the cable hook ups. I did have 3 AV issues with the TV in the main room. It would have been nice if Hearland would have designed the TV to have a swing out arm vs. being attached to the plywood directly. Heck the plywood is sturdy enough and they could have made a velcro strap to secure it during transit.

While hooked to city water sprung a leak in the shower after some time (It was dripping underneath the trailer), I removed the access panel in the shower and tightened the plastic knobs to the shower controls from behind, leak solved.

The happy jak system is still busted as described before. It appears to be the bolt that tightens the chain roller on the bottom, its loose and fell apart when I was examining the slack. I would have contacted RVW about it but ran out of time before getting activated for a military school hence the unit sitting at home until winter.

Last edited:

TwoGypsies

Hey gpshemi, thanks for the tip on the jumper!!! I'll find a Radio Shack on our next 'down day'. For the next couple of months it seems we are either traveling or entertaining the grandkids.
Our problem list did look long after I wrote it but the actual experience hasn't seemed that bad at all.
We came about 1" away from picking a 3612 and I'll bet it's a great unit.