ATF: Greystone - 2011 gs32re front cap fading

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I don't know what the deal is but we are at the Ron Hoover's Oasis RV Park in LaMarque Tx and there are several Big Countrys and Greystones here and almost all of their front caps are faded. Some more so than others. They are all new units. Looks to me like maybe there is a problem with that Gray color because the white front caps don't seem to be that way. Just an observation.

Ours is also now fading! No doubt the gray caps have an issue! Perhaps that is why the change to the "Gold Edition." Here are my comments on a similar thread.

shenkle

I have a 2011 Caliber (gray) with front cap and the top 24" or so looks terrible. It's store inside during the winter months. I will try the Customer Service route. Anyone have any luck?

swanndive

Mine is in the shop right now being fixed. I called customer service, received a incident number and was asked to be sure the Dealer submits a quote first before repairing. It seems that Heartland has a number in mind that it should cost to repaint and the Dealers have a complete different price in mind. My dealer assured me it would not be a problem to do it for the price Heartland is willing to reinburse.

Mandotar

FYI - I took my 2011 29MK to Elkhart last fall for front cap fade and a couple other things. Heartland's solution at that time for the fading was to buff it out - which they did. That didn't last, of course. So last month I had the entire cap painted under warranty after sending more pics to Heartland. A Heartland dealer agreed to do the work and Heartland paid the bill entirely. So far, Heartland has been very good with customer service and warranty issues. Unfortunately cannot say the same for Lippert and our Seat-Tech issue, but that's another thread. Hope this information helps a few of you out there.