What's next?! or do i need something else?!

NicoPorto

Soo we sign for a Sundance 3300ck 2013 this week and i'm wondering if i need something else. It's our first FW

Got the FW, got the hitch, dealer give us a complete starter kit, got dometic slide-topper.

Dealer offers us full options like fireplace, vacuum, three options catch my attention but don't know if they worth the price.

First : Intelli-jack system for 600$

Second: Snap-jack 700$, it's like crossmembers between jack leg like jt strongarm. Seems pretty effective

And third: Electronic Maxair fan for the bedroom, work on 12 volt, got 10 speeds for 500$

thx Nico

P.S I'm french canadian so i try my best to write in english

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
First of all welcome to the family, you will love the Sundance. Now to your question, Fireplace is a great investment, we got a small portable vac system, Not sure about the intelli-jack system, Snap Jacks are a good product but there are cheaper systems out there, If your rig is 50 amp I would think about a second air in the bedroom as for about a couple hundred more it is a better solution. Of course this is just my opinion and that is what I would do for me. I am sure that there will be more answers and this is a great forum with a wealth if information. Your english is better than some that were born here, lol

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The Intelli-Jack system works with your existing electric jacks and can be had for $295 if you do it yourself.
http://www.intellijacks.com/

But it's primarily designed for a single motor front jack system and only levels front to back. I'd pass on it unless you really think holding a switch to level the rig or hitch it up is a major bother. There are other systems out there, albeit more expensive, that will give you more than just that.

I don't know exactly what the Snap-Jack system is, but if it's like JT StrongArms, or UltraFab Eliminators, that's another DIY project for a lot less than the dealer wants.

And about the bedroom MaxxAir fan, that depends on where you plan to use the rig and temperatures. I've been considering a Fantastic Fan in our bedroom, but it's not an immediate project. Our single rear A/C and small desk fans keep our bedroom cool most of the time (northern Michigan summers). Or just opening the windows. If you're planning on long trips south, you might want to consider a second A/C unit, instead of the fan.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
The fireplace is a great option. Very helpful in cool mornings to create enough heat without using the furnace. Also, the Level Up automatic leveling option is a great time and energy saving option. We have a Heartland Landmark. Heartland is great with customer support. Ken

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
Be sure to get a surge protector for the whole FW. They can be portable or built in. They will protect all your electrical stuff from both too high (a spike) and too low (a brown out) voltage coming from the campgrounds' electrical hookups. They are not cheap, but when you consider all the electrical items in your FW they are worth every penny.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
First of all, Nico, you did a great job writing in English. Check out this site for an electrical protective device http://www.progressiveindustries.net
They are not cheap, but they cost less than replacing the TV, micro wave oven, and who know what else. The device I have saved me a number of times when the power dropped too low to run the AC. The power to my Big Horn was turned off and I suffered no damage. I had a chance to find out what was happening to the power. Turned out 3 Diesel pushers were running a total of 8 AC units and using all the power. Best of luck with your new unit.