Loose Kitchen Faucet

blkdodge

2012 San Antonio Kitchen faucet wont stay tight. I can tighten the nut under the sink but every time you rotate the neck from right to left sink it loosens up. Any thoughts? DW is startin to get kinda ****ed.

lorax

We travel around 10 k each year and these nuts loosen from vibration. I keep them as tight as possible but figure it is a house rolling down the highway. Because space is limited under the sink, I use a pliers to get a good turn on the nut. I always use pliers in a kind and loving way......those nuts are plastic.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Does the clamping nut look anything like this one? Those 2 Phillips head screws need to be pretty tight as well. Ours doesn't come loose at all but your's may be different.

Attachments

• faucet clamp 2.JPG
    faucet clamp 2.JPG
    225.6 KB · Views: 55
  • faucet clamp.JPG
    faucet clamp.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 55

blkdodge

Ray
I dont have the locking/set screws I think they may be missing. That would certainly cure the problem. I guess I will have to turn into a contortionist and see what is missing.
Thanks for the replies

wdk450

Blkdodge: I found on my Bighorn of the same vintage, that the clamp nut NEEDS these screws, as the nut is set down on the junction of the sink and the sink edge surfaces which is NOT Level. The nut is just really holding on 1 side, and using the clamp screws to support the other (higher) side. While you are under there (use a piece of foam or a pillow for your head as you lay on your back), take the hose fittings apart and remove the flow restrictors inside for better flow in the faucet.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Blkdodge: While you are under there (use a piece of foam or a pillow for your head as you lay on your back), take the hose fittings apart and remove the flow restrictors inside for better flow in the faucet.
Been there, done that...;) What fun that was too.