Forum use and question, re: profile photo and signature

jayandhisgals

We are now members and when I reply to post my Profile photo isn't appearing and neither is my signature appearing at the end of my post. Anyone know why? I think I have it all set up correctly. If I go to my profile settings it's all there. Just not showing when I post or reply to post. Am I doing something wrong? Is it just because we are only members? What do I need to do to have my profile photo & signature appear in my post and replys. I really want to everyone on this forum to see and know who they are communicating with. Please help.
I love this forum and everyone on it. Has been so helpful and fun. Really happy it is available.
Happy trails to all.
Thanks, Micah and Jason D.
Ozark, Mo

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
At this point, the only thing I can offer is for you to look at your profile.
Once there you will see 'Profile Privacy'. Click on it.
Be sure that 'Everyone' has been selected.

Peace
Dave

jayandhisgals

Thank you Jim, I already checked my Profile settings and everything is set to Everyone. I also ensured my Avatar is set with the same photo I used for our profile photo. Would love to get this fixed. Thanks for checking into it for me.

jayandhisgals

Aw, look at that Jim, when I replied to you it shows up now. Hot Darn! So far looks good. I'll try another post and see what happens. Maybe it's fixed.

wino2

We were having the same issue but just played with the signature setting and our info shows. Question I have is where do you get the United States showing where you have been to your signature.

jayandhisgals

Thank you Dave, Looks like your suggestions worked. Strange because I already had eveything set to everyone. But I went back in and double checked and clicked save. Also set my avatar photo to the photo I wanted to use for my profile picture. What ever it was. Appears to be working now. Hooray. I am so happy. This forum really is GREAT!

linuxkidd

Hello all,
Glad to see everything is working as expected now. A quick note though, every time you post... there's an option below the post area (even in the Quick Reply feature) for 'Show your signature'. So, no matter what your profile settings are, this option will override it on a per-post basis.

Welcome to the Heartland family!
LK

jayandhisgals

LK, Really, I've never seen that option. All I see is Post Quick Reply, Go Advanced, Cancel. Where is the option you are speaking of?

jayandhisgals

So weird, working, not working, never know what it's gonna do. How strange. Just hope it keeps working. I guess it's not that important, just makes us feel like we are more part of the Heartland community.