PEX Tool

DougS

Doug S
I just found this tool in Home Depot that is used with a Vice-grip pliers to tighten PEX fittings on 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" fittings. For the few times that I will use this tool, $24.76 is a good investment for emergency water leaks. On the HD web site, it is almost $50, might have been a miss price at our store. If I was in the trade, this would not be a tool to buy, but for the few times that I will use it, this tool should work fine. Just thought I would pass the info on.

Attachments

• PEX Tool.jpg
    PEX Tool.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 150

rjr6150

Thanks Doug
I have to be in Greeley today looks like will be stopping by HD to check it out.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Doug, Thanks for the info.

Here's another thread that went by a couple of months ago on the same subject. Trace

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/34841-Pex-Repair-Tool?highlight=

wdk450

I just found this tool in Home Depot that is used with a Vice-grip pliers to tighten PEX fittings on 3/8", 1/2", and 3/4" fittings. For the few times that I will use this tool, $24.76 is a good investment for emergency water leaks. On the HD web site, it is almost $50, might have been a miss price at our store. If I was in the trade, this would not be a tool to buy, but for the few times that I will use it, this tool should work fine. Just thought I would pass the info on.

I was surprised to see that this PEX ring crimping tool had the "SharkBite" manufacturer's name on it, since I thought the "SharkBite" line of PEX fittings (which I have used) was all about a simple push-on tube connection (without a crimp ring) using an O ring seal. The PEX tube connector has a toothed tube attaching ring, thus the name "SharkBite".

SilverRhino

SharkBite also manufactures the standard PEX fitting that require the crimp ring......If I remember correctly.....that is the line that Home Depot carries.