Towel Bars Where?

ncc1701e

Has anyone found a good place for a towel bar in a bath with a pocket door? I found places for hand towels wash clothes.

SLJKansas

SLJKansas
I added one under the cabinet above the toilet.

I have looked in the cavity of the slideing door in my Big Horn and I think I could put a bar there also if I used short toggle bolts, or add a brace inside the wall (which I think may be the best way. Will need to remove the door to install a brace for backing of teh towel rack. Darn,fe I don't need anohter project, If DW reads this I'll have to add it to my ling list.

happykraut

On my last coach(BC 2950RK) I added a towel bar between the shower wall and the sink cabinet. A little tight, but I got it in there.

Theresau

We put a towel bar on the wall with the pocket door but used mollies to hold in place. It stayed in place well but we dried wet towels on the shower itself.

GlenStMary

We found a portable ( I guess that's the best adjective for it) towel rack a Target store while in PA. The unit has two bungee type cords that attach to a couple of metal hook-like things which attach to the inside of the bathroom door. The metal hook-like deals allow the bungees to stand off the door about 1 1/2" and attached to the bungees are three towel bars that can be slid up and down the bungees to allow you to customize for the size of your towels. We paid about $ 15 or so for this thing and it works pretty well. My concern when we bought it was that the towels would not dry quickly and the towels hanging there would interfere with movement within the bath, but both of those issues have not presented themselves. For us, this solution beat drilling holes or otherwise doing something to the walls.