On our way to OK City

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Leaving Dodge City this morning as soon as our new tires have been put on. Yes, we are getting the **** out of Dodge, lolol. We are heading to Oklahoma City and just hope folk out there are half as friendly as they have been in Kansas. Thanks for making us feel welcome Kansanites!!

h e double hockey sticks, hows that? LOL

Forrest Fetherolf

Oldlthrnecksgirl said:
Leaving Dodge City this morning as soon as our new tires have been put on. Yes, we are getting the **** out of Dodge, lolol. We are heading to Oklahoma City and just hope folk out there are half as friendly as they have been in Kansas. Thanks for making us feel welcome Kansanites!!

If you are on I-40 E/B through Oklahoma City, you will have the opportunity to check your dental fillings for tightness. The highway is as rough as they come, I drove through Nov, 06 in a heavy rain storm. The overpass transitions made my TrailAir hitch pin bottom out, the Duramax and Bighorn bounced around to the point that Karen was holding onto the passenger Aw-****-bar. The campground near OK City was flooded, so we drove to Amarillo, TX, a 600 mile day.............not one of the better times during the 6K round trip.

Hope your day is better.

Forrest

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We went to Camping World in Oklahoma City last year without the trailer. Thank God! I will look for an alternate route this year as we plan on tasking the same route back north this Spring. We spent 2 nights at Roadrunner RV Park just off of I35 South of OKC. Not a bad park. Sites are a bit small but the place is clean and convenient.

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
Well you were sure right about some of the road conditions although to be fair, there had been quite a lot of work done so there were good and bad patches. The trailer tires took a little longer than expected to be installed (always the way) so we got into OK City during rush hour, not something I would recommend. We are staying at Rockwell RV for one more night, the place seems nice but we pulled in after dark and then had a friend come visit half an hour after we pulled in so will explore and report back on it tomorrow. (I hear they have a spa)