What air compressor

pokypa

Upgrading to 17.5 wheels. & tires which takes 110 - 125 lbs. What 12v compressor do you use to deliver this kind of compressor. Thanks for your help.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I also have the Viair (400C). I replaced the coiled 1/4" plastic hose with a 50 foot 3/8" rubber Goodyear hose and found a tote with a hinged lid to put it in. Rides in the truck bed next to my tool box. Haven't tried to fill a tire with it, but it's great for topping them off.

Garypowell

Got a Viair 450 after trying to cheap out with no good results. Have never been happier. I don't think the model number makes a whole lot of difference as long as the spec's say it will do what you want....because it is the only 12 V air compressor brand that I found that actually seems to match and do what it's spec's say it will do. Well....that probably an exageration. I did find one but it took 1/2 hour to pump up 5 pounds.

I now fill all my tires up to 110 pounds in minutes.

I did not care for the "kinky hose" so replaced it with a 25 foot hose from Harbor Freight.

Back in my cheap out phase I installed two 12V outlets on either side of the basement for use. The Viair draws too many Amps to use these so I now use one for the satellite. Don't care for opening up the battery compartment every time I use it. I will probably get around to putting a couple of stronger 12V lines in the basement.

danemayer

Not sure what you're looking at, but here's what I see for the Viair 450p: "100% duty cycle unit is capable of pressures up to 150 PSI continuously without the need to be rested."

I also have one and it does a great job airing the Goodyear G614 tires to 110psi.

GlenStMary

I have a VIAIR 480C which sits on a 2 gal tank and will compress up to 200 psi. I mounted a regulator and quick connect to it so I can control the pressure and use it with any number of tools. I've got it mounted in my front storage compartment next to the generator. I use a 50' coiled hose to run my air hammer and fill the tires. That unit works like a champ and with the tank, I can use my air hammer to get the lugs off the wheels without any trouble at all.

Birchwood

I use a 120v Craftsman compressor and cost $89.I don't use it often and can't justify the cost of a $500 Viair.

pegmikef

Not sure what you're looking at, but here's what I see for the Viair 450p: "100% duty cycle unit is capable of pressures up to 150 PSI continuously without the need to be rested."

I also have one and it does a great job airing the Goodyear G614 tires to 110psi.

X2 . . . it aired my tires up from 100 to 110 psi in a little over a minute. I do run my truck when I use it.