We're now owners... 2015 Elkridge Extreme Light E30

johnpsz

johnpsz, congratulation on your new rig. How does it tow with the 3/4ton truck? Reason I'm asking is I want to upgrade to a 5er without having to buy a dually. The weight on these seems OK for a 2500 rig. I'm currently wanting to look at the 289 model. I'm sure there are some in Houston or any model of the Lite series so I can see how thy are put together. They look nice in your video and on their web page. Again, please let me know how it feels with your truck. Thanks in advance.
baker - I wouldn't put my truck in the standard 2500 class as it has been modified beyond stock, but the chassis is still mostly stock. I have made multiple cross country trips with my older bumper pull style trailer that was in the 12K weight range that with the right hitch combination towed well, I have a 10K gooseneck car trailer that tows nicely, and the Elkridge although still not filled with all the weight that can accumulate over time feels even easier to pull and has a comfortable nice ride.

But to put my truck into perspective.
07 2500 w/5.9 cummins, 6spd manual w/dual disk clutch, custom 6" lift and 37" tires. No stock front end parts, borgeson steering box, free spin hubs, 08+ steering conversion with bilstein stabilizers, upgraded brakes, and a lot more power than stock roughly 475hp and just shy of 1000lb/ft of torque in my tow tune, just to name a few of the differences from stock and one of the reasons I was not looking to get a different truck and went with a lightweight 5er. I wanted the options, but didn't want the gvwr of the trailer to be over 13K#, this one has a max gvwr of just shy of 12K#.

'Lil Guy'

Good to hear. I'm about to get a new Dodge Ram with the 6.7 CTD. No doubt the truck will have plenty of power. Comes stock with 88 LBs of torque at 25oo RPM. I also understand using a gooseneck to tow would be better control in towing. My only concern was the hitch weight of the heavier models. If I can stay away from the dually and still move up to a 5th wheel, then I want to look at these units since the Hitch weight advertised on the 289(which I like the floor plan) is only 1725 LB or even the E285 at 1260. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good o hear. I'm about to get a ne Dodge Ram with the 6.7 CTD. No doubt the truck will have plenty of power. Comes stock with 88 LBs of torque at 25oo RPM. I also understand using a gooseneck to tow would be better control in towing. My only concern was the hitch weight of the heavier models. If I can stay away from the dually and still move up to a 5th wheel, then I want to look at these units since the Hitch weight advertised on the 289(which I like the floor plan) is only 1725 LB or even the E285 at 1260. Thanks for the reply.

Do not go by hitch weight or dry weight advertised, as that is before options, unloaded, without propane or water. Loaded your pin weight will be closer to 20% of GVWR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk