Difference Between the Various Models

M2D

We have been reading here and studying floor plans for a while now.
We have a little confusion as to what the differences are between the various models or levels of fifth wheels.

My husband is a little leery of the taller profile models.
We have not had a fifth wheel before and he is a little concerned about the exterior height and getting round in general.

I have read elsewhere on the forum about the general progression in the level of comfort and options available according to model name.
Is there a lot of difference between the frame quality and durability/reliability of the various models as you go up the ladder luxury wise?

I know that I can read about the different models on their separate forums.
We also know that we should find a floor plan that suits our needs first. me models may not suit us rom that criteria alone.

All opinions cheerfully accepted,

M & M

Westwind

Help us out here! So we can help you. If you could narrow it down it would help. I wanted a mid-profile FW because we were going from a 26ft travel trailer. One of my wife's wants was a washer/Dryer and in 2011 none of the manufacturer's were putting the hookups in Mid-Profile fifth wheels. My requirement was
a one piece shower stall (residential grade). We had lots of problems with our plastic tub cracking which resulted in a new tub which cracked also. I wanted recliners for the rainy days and cold nights. We ended up with a Bighorn 3070RL (Couldn't resist the deal) and even though I was a little nervous to say the least about pulling this big white whale I've never looked back and we are very comfortable for 4 months while snowbirding in Florida.
My advise is to get a 1 ton truck, do it once, I bought a 3/4 ton, it did OK but I know we are over weight. It will safely pull what you decide on even if you upgrade.

Snow

We have been reading here and studying floor plans for a while now.
We have a little confusion as to what the differences are between the various models or levels of fifth wheels.

My husband is a little leery of the taller profile models.
We have not had a fifth wheel before and he is a little concerned about the exterior height and getting round in general.

I have read elsewhere on the forum about the general progression in the level of comfort and options available according to model name.
Is there a lot of difference between the frame quality and durability/reliability of the various models as you go up the ladder luxury wise?

I know that I can read about the different models on their separate forums.
We also know that we should find a floor plan that suits our needs first. me models may not suit us rom that criteria alone.

All opinions cheerfully accepted,

M & M
it might be worth your while to go to the Hershey rv show , we already have a 5er but man I giant wait till then that's a big show you can all your ?s answered there ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

M2D

Thank you West Wind, your questions have helped already. We are in the process of buying a one ton diesel truck but want to stay with SRW.
Yes, I am thinking of a washer dryer. In the last few minutes I have been printing out the MSRP sheets for the various models so kindly provided on this site.

We will e visiting two dealers in our state shortly. I really think that we will likely want a Big Horn for he reasons you have mentioned.

We have seen several of the models over the last few RV shows we attended it may sound silly but we did not always realize that we were looking at Heartland fivers.
One dealer would have one model and another dealer on the other side of the room would have another model. Until we got home and studied the brochures we did not realize that they came from the same manufacturer.

Thanks,

M & M

danemayer

Hi M2D,

We had a Landmark for about 4 years now and until recently spent about half the year in the RV. We're now full time for a while. Our Landmark is very comfortable with lots of amenities and comfort features. The higher-end full-profile models are warranted for full time use, although there are lots of owners who use mid-profiles full time or for extended periods.

One thing to be aware of is the internal height. Someone recently bought a mid-profile and found that the lower ceilings, particularly in the bedroom and bathroom, bothered him a lot. He's on the tall side and apparently didn't notice the height difference while shopping. And of course, there's really no way to raise the ceiling. If either of you is tall, you might give this some consideration.

In addition to looking at floor plans and walking through units, give some thought to the types of trips you plan on taking and how long they'll be. That will help you anticipate storage requirements. Obviously if you're going on a 2 week trip, you don't need as much space as if you're on a 3 month trip.

Enjoy shopping and try to keep your head from spinning too fast.