Can I tow behind my 2015 3110 HD ?

gregattaway

Right now there is not a tow bar/ reese hitch or lights hookup ...

Can be added but does anyone have the specs if the trailer has the capacity to tow a "bug" behind it ?

TY !!!

danemayer

Hi gregattaway,

Lippert will tell you that you'll void the frame warranty, so they're not likely to give you any help.

Double towing is illegal in some places. Total length restrictions in some area could also be a problem.

You should check state law in the places you expect to tow,

Other owners may have advice on towing a "bug".

gregattaway

Hi gregattaway,

Lippert will tell you that you'll void the frame warranty, so they're not likely to give you any help.

Double towing is illegal in some places. Total length restrictions in some area could also be a problem.

You should check state law in the places you expect to tow,

Other owners may have advice on towing a "bug".

65' total length ...
"triple tow" ok in the states I want ...
did my homework that is why I am asking about the rig itself ...

jnbhobe

You will have to have the hitch built for your rig, the ones that fit the tabs on the frame are not strong enough. It will have to have bars welded across the frame to get enough strength.

gregattaway

You will have to have the hitch built for your rig, the ones that fit the tabs on the frame are not strong enough. It will have to have bars welded across the frame to get enough strength.
TY !!!
Can you point out where I can find the ones that are not strong enough ?

Want to look at them ...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
TY !!!

I believe they will be at quartzsite az and if so i'll check with them if they are still there ...

Plus, I understand they (Lippert) will also be at the Arizona HOC Rally at one of the evening get togethers as well near Quartzsite!!

gregattaway

FYI, i just sent Lippert's an email asking my question ...

Did not know who to ask to thanks for that info ...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Were you at Gerry's meet n great ?

No, but we were Gerry's next door neighbor at the Colorado HOC Rally last May, 2014 near Colorado Springs, and we will be attending the Arizona HOC Rally near Quartzsite in three weeks.

Can't wait!

Here is a link to the topic thread about the Rally:

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...zsite-AZ-Brenda-Salome-1-21-2015-to-1-25-2015

Gaffer

You might want to check with your insurance company about double towing. I would be curious to know if they would cover in an accident. If I was to consider double towing I think I would go with an Idaho Tote. I hear that they are considered a tag axle rather than an additional trailer.

gregattaway

You might want to check with your insurance company about double towing. I would be curious to know if they would cover in an accident. If I was to consider double towing I think I would go with an Idaho Tote. I hear that they are considered a tag axle rather than an additional trailer.

Great idea on the Ins ...

I will look for the Idaho Tote ...

TY