Replaced Flooring with Loose Lay Planks

rxbristol

After tons of research, we replaced our flooring with a loose lay tile by Karndean. I carefully weighed all the material that was removed and the planks that were laid--it added 270 lbs to the rig. Nice thing about these tiles is I have a few additional ones that act as a slide-out slickers because once laid it stays put. The outside ones, in the slide-outs, are held in place by a tackifier (very sticky stuff) which prevents any of the other planks from moving. We opted to keep carpet in the slides, but will replace it with a higher quality material. The color shown in the pictures is not a true representation...it's a light color, but still matches the dark wood. Happy wife...

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8942.jpg
    IMG_8942.jpg
    602.8 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_8944.jpg
    IMG_8944.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_8945.jpg
    IMG_8945.jpg
    625.7 KB · Views: 689
  • IMG_8947.jpg
    IMG_8947.jpg
    622.9 KB · Views: 691
  • IMG_8952.jpg
    IMG_8952.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_8953.jpg
    IMG_8953.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 681
  • IMG_8954.jpg
    IMG_8954.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 681

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Nice job. Looking good.
I have been procrastinating about doing this for quite some time, as we truly despise the inexpensive carpet that came it the rig.

My biggest concern has been adding weight. Laminate wood seems to be the lightest weight, but also the most expensive.
I going to check out the product line that you used. Thanks for the info. Trace

rxbristol

Nice job. Looking good.
I have been procrastinating about doing this for quite some time, as we truly despise the inexpensive carpet that came it the rig.

My biggest concern has been adding weight. Laminate wood seems to be the lightest weight, but also the most expensive.
I going to check out the product line that you used. Thanks for the info. Trace

I was also concerned about the weight. As noted, I added about 270 lbs., but the product is top quality and if a plank gets messed up for some reason, it just pops out and a replacement goes down in its place. It is thick and more difficult to cut. While it's not cheap and I've seen it used with great success in commercial applications, I have full faith it will hold up with our full-timing adventure.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
I was also concerned about the weight. As noted, I added about 270 lbs., but the product is top quality and if a plank gets messed up for some reason, it just pops out and a replacement goes down in its place. It is thick and more difficult to cut. While it's not cheap and I've seen it used with great success in commercial applications, I have full faith it will hold up with our full-timing adventure.

Does the thickness interfere with the slides?

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

rxbristol

Does the thickness interfere with the slides?

Thanks,

Nancy Anderson
North Texas Chapter Leader

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I was a little concerned about that, but all the slides work great. Lifted the bed slightly to put the planks under the bed rollers so it doesn't have to roll up onto them. The carpet in the living room was actually higher than the planks are now. The main concern was the kitchen, but that works OK also.