Interior " spray"for new camper

Jonny

Hi, we bought a new prowler 26 rbhs in fall from camping world and part of the sale was included a protective spraying of the interior which I can only think of as a scotch guard sort of thing, which is supposed to be done this spring.After thinking about it I have concern on whether or not it is a bad idea because of breathing the chemicals all the time. I am sure they wouldn't offer it if it weren't safe but thought I'd ask around. Thanks in advance

carl.swoyer

You can buy Scotch gaurd at Walmart for a whole bunch less money

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

MTPockets

We've been full time in ours now four years and don't feel that anything is/was in need of chemical protection.. It still gets dust, so dusting is part of the routine. Carpet gets cleaned and scotch guarded to help with any potential stains. Other than carpet, I don't see a need.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We've found the Bissell Spot & Stain Pet Spotlifter upholstery and carpet cleaner does a fine job of cleaning up "accidents," especially cat puke.

pegmikef

If you haven't paid for it yet, I would not waste the money as Carl already pointed out, there are a lot of cheaper solutions. We haven't found a need for anything (but scotch gard on carpets when I run the carpet cleaner on them).

carl.swoyer

Every time you wash the carpet you do remove the factory Scotch gaurd. I also use it on my fabric for the dining chairs.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sounds to me like a way the Dealer added on a few hundred bucks onto the back of the sale.