What language is this?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I noticed the other day that instead of "FURN" for furnace, our thermostat says "A9UA". It used to say " FURN". What happened? When cycling through the modes, I still get English for "COOL" and the other choices.

33f8d71c65cd55c58e717a4a9f02b853.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think it is Klingon! :eek:

It is pronounced "AAAAAKKKKKKQQQQQQQQHHHHHHHWWWWWWAAAAAA"! :eek:

danemayer

Manual says:
“FURN” / “AQUA” - Furnace or Aqua Mode (Factory setting is “FURN”)
To change the setting from “FURN” to “AQUA” or visa versa, simultaneously press
the up and down buttons. The LED will display the selected option.

HornedToad

I thought that was some cryptic warning that I was in hot water???

Mine did it last week when my dog chewed up all of DW's make-up brushes!!!

TravelTiger

But that doesn't make sense. Why does "AQUA", or "Water" in Spanish, mean the same as FURNACE? It's the "FURN" mode, not "COOL" which is the AC.

Thanks Dan, I had not dug out the manual yet because I could not imagine how that one setting got changed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
How's about maybe the thing is just FUBAR and it's not displaying characters like it should. One could say it's reading A9UA, but that's not a machine language code that I've ever seen.

TravelTiger

Dan's instructions to hit the up and down arrows simultaneously fixed the display from A9UA to FURN again. Whew! I did not want to learn a foreign language to run the heater!

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Erika, could have be worse. Could have said "kaput". Keep in mind, Spanish is easier to learn than German.

ksucats

Makes me wonder if there is a water heat (floor heat) option coming soon :cool:. Or maybe, on-demand hot water....