Too Cool on the UP

jcd8822

Joseph
I hope you all are keeping warmer than we are. We are on the UP of Michigan in St. Ignace, overlooking Lake Michigan from the north shore. It has been 49 degrees for two days now. They keep promising us "good weather," whatever that is.

On our way up two weeks ago we stopped to refuel on IH-57 in Kankakee, IL.
I had noticed that an SUV had followed us into the station and had pulled to the back where we stopped to refuel. This guy got out all excited because he was thinking about getting a Bighorn and wanted to talk to someone who owned one. Needless to say a 10 minute refueling stop turned into about 45 minutes. This guy was excited and had a million questions, which we were happy to answer. Too bad I don't sell them. I could have sold one on the spot.

Joseph

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hi jcd8822 Welcome to Michigan stick around for a few minutes it will change for the better or worst I'm from Michigan and still never get use to the weather change hope you are enjoying you trip to my state thats a beautiful area on the state Have fun TRAVELER07

Tom of Ypsi

Being an ex Michigander I know what you mean abut the cool weather up there. Summers are very short and winters are long up there but is very pretty. Be sure to visit Mackinaw Island, Soo Locks to the north and all of the other great places around there. Even being ex Michiganders we still have 40 acres in Atlanta, Mi that we love to go to, lots of deer, turkeys, bear, elk fox and coyote.

sislv

Tom & Sharol
Yooperland

I hope you all are keeping warmer than we are. We are on the UP of Michigan in St. Ignace, overlooking Lake Michigan from the north shore. It has been 49 degrees for two days now. They keep promising us "good weather," whatever that is.

Joseph......We live near Wolverine MI which is about 43 miles south of St. Ignace (I-75 Exit 301) and it was in the low 60's Friday. I had been up Thursday/Friday to Paradise MI stream trout fishing and got soaked and frozen in the rain and cold (42 degrees) up there. This country is amazing, 20 some degrees different between St. Ignace and Wolverine in only 43 miles. I took our Bighorn 3055RL up and the furnace cycled a lot Thursday night. It is supposed to finally get into the 70's this week. Enjoy the north country......

fhollan

U.P. Temperature

One thing about the U.P. temperature, if you're camping along the shores of Lake Superior, it's a lot cooler than in-land, especially if the breeze comes from the north. We usually go to Grand Marais. Enjoy the fresh air.:)