Looking to order a new BC need input on Duel Pane Windoews and Yeti package?

bigdob24

We are looking at possably ordering a new BC .
Courious if the duel pane windows are a big plus ?
Also looking at the Yeti package as we have been stuck in some freezing conditions .
Any input would be appreciated and helpful.
Dan

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are looking at possably ordering a new BC .
Courious if the duel pane windows are a big plus ?
Also looking at the Yeti package as we have been stuck in some freezing conditions .
Any input would be appreciated and helpful.
Dan

Welcome to the forum!

We just purchased a BC in January off the lot. It did not have the Yeti package or dual pane windows. If I were ordering, these would be items I would add. I think the noise suppression and added thermal benefit of dual panes is a good idea. We have a lot of Windows, which is great! However, we are realizing there is a lot of heat transfer through them.

The Yeti package should also be something worthy of having -- for those times you do get caught below freezing -- but especially if you plan to live or visit places where below freezing happens a lot. We like to go skiing with our rig, so we added heat pads, etc to our previous coach, and intend to do the same on this one.

Good luck! How to see you in a Heartland product soon!

Gaffer

Dual pane windows are a must have for us. Helps with condensation, noise and thermal loss.

farside291

We also do not have the dual pane windows but wish we had them. We notice when its cold and windy when the furnace is running its comfortable. But when the furnace turns off it only takes a couple of minutes to feel the cold air around the windows. And its hard to sit where there are not any windows! We even looked into adding them after the fact...not a viable option. Very, very expensive. Our next coach will have double pane and the yeti package, even if we do live in Texas.

kowAlski631

We ordered with both options and have had no regrets. We'd had no intention of ever being in cold weather again, but apparently Mother Nature doesn't listen to intentions and we found ourselves in temps in the teens. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

AAdams

We full time. We have had dual pane windows and Yeti/cold weather packages on all 3 of out Heartland RV's. I think that they are a great options to have. As others have said, it helps with the sound, less propane, less drafts, less condensation, etc. As far as the yeti package, you never know what mother nature will actually be like. You may need it, you may not. You will wish you had it though if you get caught in a freezing condition that last any length of time.

MTPockets

We are very happy with the dual panes and yeti. One of our best choices, and were full time four years. Both options are a benefit in cold or hot weather... My opinion for regular use especially, is they are a must have.

Noofear

I've got the yeti package I'm glad I do and I wish I had the double pane windows

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

alwaysbusy

Please do your research on the dual pane windows. The purpose for dual pane v single pane windows is the increased R-value which is the inverse of the U-factor. In short, the R-value refers to the resistance of the window to heat conduction. The higher the R-value, the better the window for insulation/efficiency purposes. Residential dual pane windows have higher R-values than single pane. Residential dual pane windows are efficient and cost effective due to being gas filled. The space between the panes are filled with Argon or Krypton gas. Dual panes insulate better due to simple chemistry principles. RV windows do not conform to residential specifications as RV's are mobile and homes are not. If you contact Heartland, you will find that both single pane and dual pane RV windows have an identical R-value of "1". RV dual pane windows are not gas filled. In fact, if you place the two panes together on a dual pane window, they are not as thick as the single pane Heartland sells. Albeit minuscule, it's a spec fact. While dual pane windows will not build up as much condensation as single pane, they are not impervious to it. In the end, you will not gain a return on the added cost you will spend for the dual panes.

bigdob24

It still seems that those who have them are pleased.
All the RVs I have had over the years always condensate on the Windows , if duel pane will help with that , its worth it.
More research will be done before the order is placed
Thanks
Dan

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
This our 2nd Big Country with Dual Pane...1st with Yeti.

LOVE THEM!!! Single digit temps for a week, just used fireplace and 1 small ceramic heater and stayed toasty. No problem with tanks freezing...we did have to use onboard water as the park shut down water with the low temps, they did warn us of the shut down. Nothing like "Navy" showers!!

kdubinwa

I would agree that getting dual panes for the R-value is pointless. Some say the inside of the trailer is also quieter -- can't really say. I pulled the trigger on dual panes to eliminate condensation and that in itself is worth the extra cost IMO.

It still seems that those who have them are pleased.
All the RVs I have had over the years always condensate on the Windows , if duel pane will help with that , its worth it.
More research will be done before the order is placed
Thanks
Dan

mlpeloquin

Please do your research on the dual pane windows. The purpose for dual pane v single pane windows is the increased R-value which is the inverse of the U-factor. In short, the R-value refers to the resistance of the window to heat conduction. The higher the R-value, the better the window for insulation/efficiency purposes. Residential dual pane windows have higher R-values than single pane. Residential dual pane windows are efficient and cost effective due to being gas filled. The space between the panes are filled with Argon or Krypton gas. Dual panes insulate better due to simple chemistry principles. RV windows do not conform to residential specifications as RV's are mobile and homes are not. If you contact Heartland, you will find that both single pane and dual pane RV windows have an identical R-value of "1". RV dual pane windows are not gas filled. In fact, if you place the two panes together on a dual pane window, they are not as thick as the single pane Heartland sells. Albeit minuscule, it's a spec fact. While dual pane windows will not build up as much condensation as single pane, they are not impervious to it. In the end, you will not gain a return on the added cost you will spend for the dual panes.

What you are describing are THERMAL PAIN not dual pane. Dual pane are only two panes of glass with an air space. They are better then single pane, and that is why they help with the condensation and noise. They are not anywhere near the thermal pane windows as far as R value. Still worth it though. I wish I had them. All my windows in my stick and brick are thermal pane except for my bathrooms. The windows were too short for thermal pane so I replaced them with dual pane. They do make a difference in both noise and thermal conduction.

Last edited:

Gaffer

I have never had condensation with my dual pane windows in either of my Bighorns. But I have had lots of condensation in previous SOB's that I have used over the years that did not have them.