Cyclone 3611

So we bit the bullet and got a 2017 cyclone 3611HD we are in love with the floor plan. We took it close by this past weekend to try everything out and it's a lot to get used to after our Grey Wolf 26dbh. Ran into a few problems with the furnace and the shower leaking. Hoping this isn't par for the course once we get these fixed! Anyone else here have one?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi meghanbowen,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

Hogladyrider

Welcome and congratulations on your Cyclone 3611!

We have a 3611 as well and it was an adjustment in "space" downsizing from a Big Horn 3875FB to the Cyclone, however we are very happy with our Cyclone.

We are fulltimers, currently in Massachusetts for the summer workamping at a KOA campground and we love having our Goldwing with us for our days off!

We also have had several "QC" issues with our brand new RV. We left the dealer in Michigan and when traveling to Massachusetts we lost all our electrical outlets on one side of the rig as they were all tied into the GFI outlet in the bathroom, which was faulty. Thank heavens we had an extension cord as we had to make our coffee in the master bedroom for several weeks.

Heartland warranty took care of providing a new GFI outlet and once installed we were up and running with power.

We have experienced several other "QC" issues with water leaks and plumbing issues.

This is our 3rd Heartland product and fit and finish are the best around for the money; however quality control is definitely not 100% and we have come to recognize this and luckily we are handy enough to take care of what we can.

Right now we do not have use of our fireplace as it also was wired to the GFI outlet despite having its own breaker in the panel box. We have a tech scheduled to come and wire up the fire place to where it is supposed to be in a few weeks.

One thing we have found being fulltimers and having warranty repairs completed are a long drawn out process as we need to live in our RV rather than just take it into a dealer for service.

We are really enjoying our rear patio for relaxing and reading as well.

Susan

Clonin

Brought our 3611 home March 4th. I've had time to figure out how everything operates...I think. When we were looking for a new fifth wheel floor plan to meet our family's needs, we kept coming back the 3611 but there wasn't much info out there to help make the decision (probably because of the new floor plan). Finally went to a dealer, looked at it, and brought it home 2 weeks later. That's the primary reason I joined the forum was to help answer any questions I could for anyone interested in this model. So far, we have not had any major problems with ours. Knock on wood, we couldn't be more satisfied!

Although...I would like Heartland to send me the fireplace remote.

danemayer

Brought our 3611 home March 4th. I've had time to figure out how everything operates...I think. When we were looking for a new fifth wheel floor plan to meet our family's needs, we kept coming back the 3611 but there wasn't much info out there to help make the decision (probably because of the new floor plan). Finally went to a dealer, looked at it, and brought it home 2 weeks later. That's the primary reason I joined the forum was to help answer any questions I could for anyone interested in this model. So far, we have not had any major problems with ours. Knock on wood, we couldn't be more satisfied!

Although...I would like Heartland to send me the fireplace remote.
Hi Clonin,

Congratulations on the new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Have you looked for the remote in the blue documentation pouch and in all the drawers and cabinets? Did you ask your dealer to locate it?

If all that fails, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Clonin

Thanks for the info and the welcome. Yes, we've looked everywhere and have called/emailed our dealer several times with no results. My next step was contacting Heartland. I actually contacted them via "contact us" an hour ago about the remote for the first time. I'll try calling also. Thanks again!

nuskovich

Fellow 3611 Owners,

I too had the fireplace issue with GFCI...couldn't make toast and stay warm at the same time. Had a Jumbo Slide issue and a few weather gasket problems. our dealer tried but was unsuccessful in the repair. Heartland Warranty however did a super job and as bonus the pressure checked water and LP systems. Took a Cyclone factory tour when we picked it up. We did lose storage from our Raptor but were make do.

We are the most popular with other RV owners with the Jumbo Slide and rear patio...

2017 Cyclone 3611JS
2012 Chevrolet 3500 Diesel

Clonin

Fellow 3611 Owners,

I too had the fireplace issue with GFCI...couldn't make toast and stay warm at the same time. Had a Jumbo Slide issue and a few weather gasket problems. our dealer tried but was unsuccessful in the repair. Heartland Warranty however did a super job and as bonus the pressure checked water and LP systems. Took a Cyclone factory tour when we picked it up. We did lose storage from our Raptor but were make do.

We are the most popular with other RV owners with the Jumbo Slide and rear patio...

2017 Cyclone 3611JS

Nuskovich,

Notice you had JS problems... Just curious what was involved. Somehow on the way back from FLA, our JS got out of adjustment and wouldn't seat properly. After an unsuccessful round with Camping World and $180 later (slide adjustments are evidently a 90 day warranty item), got it back home and all 12V lighting and outside speakers on JS and kitchen slide were not working. I took it to VA to our dealer for repair. Dealer said the wiring was wrapped around moving parts on the slides and had become a mangled mess. They re-routed the wiring, adjusted the JS properly, replaced the fireplace because they couldn't find a compatible remote, replaced the rear stereo/dvd player since it wouldn't play DVD's, and sent me home with a smile. I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining to anyone that is reading this and is interested in this model. Quite the opposite, we still love the 3611. I anticipated a few problems with this newer floorplan. Hopefully all the kinks are worked out as I will be repairing anything myself after warranty expires.

nuskovich

Our Jumbo Slide cables were adjusted too tightly therefore when you bumped it out it, the motor tore lose from the mounts. Warranty service at Heartland said there should be an inch or so of play on the exposed cables for both our closet and jumbo slides. You should be able to pluck them like a guitar string...

2017 Cyclone 3611JS

01Soloteo

So we bit the bullet and got a 2017 cyclone 3611HD we are in love with the floor plan. We took it close by this past weekend to try everything out and it's a lot to get used to after our Grey Wolf 26dbh. Ran into a few problems with the furnace and the shower leaking. Hoping this isn't par for the course once we get these fixed! Anyone else here have one?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We also had shower leaking into basement on our first trip out. Found factory also put a screw through our flush unit under garage.

jimtoo

HI 01Soloteo,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M