Need help with 2010 north trail 31red.

Hi, new guy here and new guy to owning a trailer. My shower has filled up and it will not drain. I have pulled the lever for grey tank#1. Still has not gone down. Is it a possibility that I have 2 grey tanks seeing as I have a tank named grey tank#1? If so where is the drain valve for it. Thanks.

jimtoo

Hi Traviafroese,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other North Trail owners will jump in soon with some info for you. Do you have 3 tank drain handles/levers or just 2?

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new to you unit.

Jim M

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Check the drain itself to see if debris has it stopped up. When you pull the drain (open) the water should drain out. Most units have 2 gray tanks one for the galley (kitchen) and one for the shower/sink. If you have two you should have two handles to open the tanks drain. Also some travel trailers only have one gray tank and have only one drain valve. If the tank is not draining then there may be something stuck in the line. Sometimes you can free it by putting a garden hose (not a drinking water hose) in the tank and back flushing. There is an adapter you can purchase for this purpose. Be careful not to overfill the tank or you will have water inside the coach.

There are 2 handles that I can see. The grey water 1 and a waste water holding tank. (Which I am assuming is the black water because there isn't a handle labeled black water)

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
On your panel which is in the bathroom I believe do you have the option to check the level of more than one grey tank? I would think if you do not have that option then you have only one tank. If it is only your shower that is not draining then maybe it is plugged. If you run water in the sinks do they stop up as well?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You may have another gray tank dump behind the rear wheels of the trailer.

Our previous Heartland Trail Runner had the rear kitchen with the bathroom toward the front, and the rear kitchen had it's own gray tank drain connection.

The bathroom had it's own drain connection that had both black and gray dumps.

CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095110323.jpg

Attachments

• CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg
    CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg
    705.1 KB · Views: 22
On your panel which is in the bathroom I believe do you have the option to check the level of more than one grey tank? I would think if you do not have that option then you have only one tank. If it is only your shower that is not draining then maybe it is plugged. If you run water in the sinks do they stop up as well?

The monitor only shows one grey tank. I don't think it's plugged. The wife just did dishes and the water from the sink came up in the shower. (valves are closed for now as I'm not hooked up to sewer right now. )

EarlGately

I also have a 31RED and have not had this problem. It does sound like a blockage. Have you tried a simple plunger? The other possibility is the broken drain valve under the trailer. I hope it's just hair/grease and drains easily with a plunger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk