Small water leak in a odd spot

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have this valve under the sink

d992826f879b5896c62d39f05347ebd5.jpg

I'll replace it with a sharkbite valve that will connect to the new SS line.

Jim I was looking at your thread and it looks like your line goes across your slide a ways before it goes down.
Mine comes through the wall from the fridge to behind that false panel then goes down through the floor right there, then swings around right into the frame.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Pulled the fridge out today and found the leak.
02530dabaa728bb2197c7db5b13b607a.jpg

That access door would have saved me a lot of work.

I will be running the new Stainless steel braided line from fridge to the valve in the island this morning.

70f735dc768561990d765c13bfb96955.jpg

And installing a new Sharkbite valve if needed

73e6920b572ad45087d5ac30ee3eaba5.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I used a 25' SS line and had plenty left over
70f735dc768561990d765c13bfb96955.jpg

30fbc4b52fc4cce45607a3a6c2b4e20f.jpg

Left some here and some in the belly, fridge is back in and mounted even better then I had it before.
The self tappers didn't stand a chance in that thin tin siding of the fridge. So I installed 10-24 nut-serts into the top of the fridge. Then put my multiple choice angel iron in place on the fridge. Then slid it back into place. "After I checked for leaks of course" NOT !! I forgot to check and remembered as soon as I slid it all the way in. So our it came again. Once it's mounted it's not moving again.

77c11c6a994fd0af6a2219888954e1a0.jpg

8dfec50282ec60a65504378b180ed003.jpg

f102700618093592c92cc9f1efff7dc8.jpg

cac197ca05040c80ae8f7bee57b68f04.jpg

02530dabaa728bb2197c7db5b13b607a.jpg

ff723efa7ad12308f485c1554f4ab787.jpg

I checked under the carpet again and it's all dried up now and don't see any damage.

before
6a0e40df468d5a579bf17315ec891084.jpg

looks dry now.

c8074cc998b66fe3c93d4aceaa4dc94d.jpg

I'm calling it done. And no more worry's about water leak of freezing line. Especially here in California.

Last edited:

jbeletti

You're a brave man using nutserts in the refer case. Unsure where they are located but there are refrigerant lines in odd places in that case. That is why Heartland no longer drills and installs metal buckle straps on top at the front of the case. It cost them a lot of replacement refers.

Disappointing about the hammer hole for the 1/4" ice maker line. Same way on mine.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

It's crazy some of the things they do, hoping nobody sees it I guess.

I was careful and really close to the edge. And the dealer had already drilled holes there when they attempted to mount it the first time.
Then I put the self tappers in last year, they were all still in but loose as heck. So the third time's the charm right.
Thanks for the SS idea and part numbers. It went very well and it done right.

Bones

looks good Jerrod. I like the nutserts.

Jim not once did a thought of refrigerant lines cross my head. Good point so How do they mount the refer in the cabinet now?

BusManRG

Disappointing about the hammer hole for the 1/4" ice maker line. Same way on mine.

You've written before that most of the Heartland group are not RV'ers themselves. That being said, don't they listen to you???? I've seen your posts with mods and fixes. And you've seen the coach (their "top of the line") from the inside out. And you read all of the posts here. When you see the pinched lines, the loose fittings and the hammer holes, does it generate any raised eyebrows from upper management or the person in charge of QC?

I realize that you can't really respond to this, but it made me feel better asking :) Looking forward to getting our unit and happy that this great forum is here for us if (not going to say when) we have questions!!! It was still the one of the best built units we saw during our lengthy hunt!

Sandy

jbeletti

...Thanks for the SS idea and part numbers. It went very well and it done right.

You bet. Sharing mods, repairs and improvements on this forum is something that really adds a lot of value for other owners. Happy that my info served you well.

I hope to not have to pull my refer out but if I do, my SS hose is in the cabinet to the left and I merely need to pass it through the 12 gauge shot gun hole. Of course, the real work is pulling the refer out and putting it back.

jbeletti

You've written before that most of the Heartland group are not RV'ers themselves. That being said, don't they listen to you???? I've seen your posts with mods and fixes. And you've seen the coach (their "top of the line") from the inside out. And you read all of the posts here. When you see the pinched lines, the loose fittings and the hammer holes, does it generate any raised eyebrows from upper management or the person in charge of QC?

I realize that you can't really respond to this, but it made me feel better asking :) Looking forward to getting our unit and happy that this great forum is here for us if (not going to say when) we have questions!!! It was still the one of the best built units we saw during our lengthy hunt!

Sandy

Hi Sandy - you're right that I cannot speak for the factory. But I am a user of the product and I read a LOT of forum posts. Rarely a week goes by that I'm not passing info to the plants so they can make improvements.

BusManRG

Hi Sandy - you're right that I cannot speak for the factory. But I am a user of the product and I read a LOT of forum posts. Rarely a week goes by that I'm not passing info to the plants so they can make improvements.

And the fact that you monitor/read all of these posts is just one more reason that Heartland was at the top of our list when we chose our 5th wheel. Thanks!!! Hope they appreciate you!!!:)

jbeletti

And the fact that you monitor/read all of these posts is just one more reason that Heartland was at the top of our list when we chose our 5th wheel. Thanks!!! Hope they appreciate you!!!:)

Thank you Sandy for the kind words. Yes, I know they appreciate me as they continue to send me pay checks and approve my budgets for the Forum and the Club. Likewise, I appreciate you and other forum and club members for their feedback and for their support of other Heartlanders. The collective "we" are the real experts.

Thank you for choosing Heartland!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Don't get me wrong these rigs are top on the line and very well built. I just shake my head when I see things like that hole made with a hammer.
There are employees on the line that do not take pride in the work they do.
We love our Heartland Landmark 365 more then ever. And the heartland Owners club and this forum have doubled the value and the pleasure of owning this RV.
I could never have done all that I have done to our RV without this forum and all of the amazing people on here.
After just over 1 year of owning our Landmark I have smiles from ear to ear and know we made the best decision ever going with the Heartland Landmark 365 Ashland.

Last edited: