New 2017 Heartland Mallard M29 owner

Rychehawk

Just picked up a factory fresh Mallard M29, so fresh it does not have the front cap LEDs that have been recalled on some Heartland RVs. Happy with it so far and feels like it has a good solid build and features for the $. I will be doing some mods and will post what and how as I do them as well as share what I learn about this model/brand as it is fairly new. Been camping my whole life and towing trailers but this is my first camper.

I am am towing with an 09 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 with the max trailering package, 2.5" receiver with a 1200/12,000lb Equal-I-zer 4 point sway control, almost overkill with a 7,000lb trailer, but it tows and tracks like its part of the truck!

I have learned so much from this forum so far, we took her out on an overnight a local campground on the last day they were opened for the season to give the unit an full "shake down" as to get familiar with all the systems and to root out any bugs. So far no issues! I'll keep you posted if that changes!

G

jimtoo

Hi Rychehawk,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Keep us informed of your mods and also take pictures for us.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M