Anderson vs Pullrite

Lynn1130

Sorry, I used "short bed" when I should have said standard. I just made the first trip with it and love it.

The price you will find is pretty standard. I did find it for around $475 but that was the 3220.

SNOKING

According to Archie who manages the MFG of the Anderson hitch....the king plate adapter is designed for use with the funnel forward or towards the rear....I don't think there is really a "normal" way as it depends on your needs. Facing forward will give you a few more inches of space from the rv nose to the truck back window and hence will increase the degree of the turning radius.

Just make sure on bed rail clearance on the side if you set it to move the trailer away from the cab.

"Side-Rail Clearance

In most set-ups the pin box of your trailer should be able to clear your truck's side-rails, however, if your trailer happens to have a long extended pin box, then there's a chance the pin box might hit your side-rails. If that is the case the coupler block can be rotated 180 degrees to decrease the offset. (To see what rotating the coupler block does, go to minute 4 of this video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=78lPadWAro.) In most situations this would be sufficient to take care of any clearance issues, however, keep in mind that by rotating the coupler block, you are now moving the nose of the trailer closer to the truck cab, so watch your cab clearance the first time you use your hitch so you are aware of any changed clearance limitations you might now be facing with your particular combination of trailer and tow vehicle.."