Slide Rooms

SMPMS

I have a 2015 Bighorn 5th wheel BH 3160 Elite.
During recent outing, when preparing to leave and bring slide in,
the bottom of slide went in faster than top of slide.
Put slide out and tried again, on way in slide seemed "lift" then fell into place and then was ok.
Any comments or suggestions as to cause and/or solutions??

rhodies1

I have a 2015 Bighorn 5th wheel BH 3160 Elite.
During recent outing, when preparing to leave and bring slide in,
the bottom of slide went in faster than top of slide.
Put slide out and tried again, on way in slide seemed "lift" then fell into place and then was ok.
Any comments or suggestions as to cause and/or solutions??

Check the slide mechanism on the bottom of the slide to see if it is bent or you have possibly a broken gear. It sounds like it may have lifted and the top of the slide hitting the upper portion of the units wall.Take time to inspect your slide roof for any potential tears .

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Make sure there is nothing sitting on top of the slide, like a tree branch, pine cone, etc., when retracting slides. Debris can jam it until it either gets forced into the rig or you have a major problem with the slide mechanism.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
All my slides do this and always have for 10 years. Never had any problems with them sealing. Maybe this is the first time that you noticed this???

DougS

Doug S
I have the same unit and same problem, only ours wasn't detected unit bottom was almost all the way in. Many of my slide mechanism parts are bend. I have an appointment to determine cause and fix on October 2nd. My slide does close all the way on the rear edge of the slide. I have been using the manual override valve to operate one wall at a time until it's fixed.