Customer Service??

RobertaPF

Back on November 18, 2017, I called Heartland and spoke with Bob. I was very impressed with the service he provided. He answered all my questions. Great experience. One question I asked was about the cup holder on the the theater seats. The light was out. This is a brand new Heartland Big Country under warranty. No problem, he said. I'll send you a new cup holder. It will take you five min. to replace. I have called numerous times since then to find out about the cup holder. Today's reason/excuse was that they had just let go of one of the parts people because she was not doing her job. And wouldn't you know it, she was the one that he sent the order to in December or January not sure. I spoke with Debi on January 29 and she said that Bob would order it that day. The other reasons in the past, were due to holidays, bad weather, etc. Now, he is ordering the part today as soon as we got off the phone. Should be to Heartland in 10 days to two weeks. Fortunately, this is not a critical part but the service is very, very sloppy. Not what I was expecting:(

jerryjay11

I'm sure they will send you the part. I had a leaking outdoor shower unit that I discovered while winterizing. Contacting my dealer who wanted me to bring it in so they can see it leak before doing anything. Cost of shower valve approx. $30. Cost of travel to and back from dealer approx. $50.00 for first trip and another trip of $50.00 to bring the camper back after dealer orders valve and receives it to install. I called Heartland and told them the above facts and I'd just as soon purchase a replacement from the parts dept. It would be cheaper than making two round trips to the dealer. The Heartland associate I spoke with said I am under warranty and they would send it to me under warranty as long as I return the old defective shower valve. A couple days later I received it with a paid return label, replaced it, and returned the defective valve. Great response from a manufacturer.

I have an email from Heartland stating "If there is something that goes wrong and you can do the work yourself, something like the converter goes out or thermostat needs replaced, we also can send you the parts directly. We are happy to work with you to try to get everything taken care of as quickly and hassle free as possible, just give a call and talk to us about what is going on and we will help you however we can." as well as using another service including a mobile tech. Can't complain about that.

aatauses

I have had to order parts directly from HL, and found them to be great, they ask several questions to ensure they sent the correct part. They usually check to see if they have the part in stock and tell me when it will arrive and it has ALWAYS been there when they said. I have not had much luck with dealers.
al
currently in AZ.