Question about TV upgrade for Wilderness 2750RL

GAlbrecht

I'm considering the purchase a 2018 Wilderness 2750RL. The floor plan fits my needs perfectly... the only thing holding me back is that the area for the TV is only 24" wide, and won't accommodate the 39" TV that I'd like. Here's a youtube clip that shows the TV layout of the 2750RL, with what I believe is a 24" TV... the TV shows up at the 2:41 minute mark:

As you can see, the slide is just to the left of the TV... when closing, it would move left to right and cover up the TV. Since there's 12" of clearance between the slide and the wall that holds the TV, I'm thinking I would have plenty of room to mount my 39" TV on a swivel mount. When the TV is retracted to close the slide, the TV would extend 12" into the hallway, which shouldn't cause a problem because there would still be enough clearance to pass by... when the slide is open, the TV would be extended outward and to the left, so it would no longer block any of the hallway.

Has anyone done anything like this, and does anyone know if the TV mount area in the 2750RL would support the heavier TV?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

danemayer

Hi GAlbrecht,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We've got a great group of friendly and helpful owners, so I expect someone will chime in shortly with some feedback for you.

NC.Camper

Hi,

We have a 2018 2750RL and installed a 32" Roku TV. We have it on an articulating mount that we remove before we travel. It would probably be fine, but don't want to take the chance and have it bouncing around where I can't see it. Look for something like this on Amazon - Portable Travel RV TV Mount with Locking Articulating Arm 2311L-2.
It works great and it comes with 2 mounts, so we can move it outside under the awning too.

We were originally looking for one that would "spin" too so we could turn it when not in use and it would not interfere with the pathway, but those were all fixed mounts. The Roku addition is great when the site has WI-FI or we run it through a phone.

Hope this helps. Good luck and have fun.

F_Goose

Hi Gary,
We have a North Trail 26lrss that is basically the same floor plan as your 2750RL. We removed the 24" TV and moved it to the bedroom above the cabinet. We also purchased a 32" TV and installed it on an articulating arm; this is the largest TV that will fit without protruding into the hallway. During travel I rigged a strap system that keeps it against the wall with no movement; although I believe there is an RV mount available that locks back to the wall for travel. When camping the arm allows the TV to come out and beyond the slideout wall. There is a stud in the wall that allows a TV mount to be fastened.

Good luck and let us know how you solved your issue.
Fred