Dish Network Has TV Ads and $10K Sweepstakes Aimed At RV'ers

wdk450

Gang:
I was encouraged to see Dish Network ads on my Dish service aimed at RV'ers and outdoor uses of their satellite system. They seem to WANT our business. They even currently have a $10,000 sweepstakes asking for different ways Dish is used in outdoor activities. https://www.mydish.com/perks/sweepstakes

Last edited:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Gang:
I was encouraged to see Dish Network ads on my Dish service aimed at RV'ers and outdoor uses of their satellite system. They seem to WANT our business. They even currently have a $10,000 dollar sweepstakes asking for different ways Dish is used in outdoor activities. https://www.mydish.com/perks/sweepstakes

Well Dish has made it easier to send a refresh to the recievers when needed using their dish app. It used to talk a 45 minute call to convince them to just send a refresh and all would be fine. Now I send a refresh just before I setup my antenna and by the time I go inside Dish is usually up and running.

orion7144

Are you using a Wally? We are switching from DTV to dish in 2 weeks at the house and plan on getting a wally with the traveler dish. The RV friendliness of Dish is why we are switching. I will miss DTV but after talking them several times about options and their only response was DTV Now. I asked if they were going to provide the ATT data to use it and they of course said no. Dish said I can activate the wally and change zip code easy to get locals remotly. Any recommendatilon on one of the traveler dishes would be helpful too.

Well Dish has made it easier to send a refresh to the recievers when needed using their dish app. It used to talk a 45 minute call to convince them to just send a refresh and all would be fine. Now I send a refresh just before I setup my antenna and by the time I go inside Dish is usually up and running.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We dropped DTV at the house and went back to cable with our internet provider. Saved $50/month
We use Dish for RV (Outdoors) pay as you go monthly with no contract. Wally receiver, Winegard Pathway X1 portable dish, App for IPhone to pay bill & refresh services.
Have experienced satisfactory service and support from both Dish and Winegard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Are you using a Wally? We are switching from DTV to dish in 2 weeks at the house and plan on getting a wally with the traveler dish. The RV friendliness of Dish is why we are switching. I will miss DTV but after talking them several times about options and their only response was DTV Now. I asked if they were going to provide the ATT data to use it and they of course said no. Dish said I can activate the wally and change zip code easy to get locals remotly. Any recommendatilon on one of the traveler dishes would be helpful too.

I have older model receivers 211K and 211Z. I have heard that the wallys are much faster and may work better than the 211 series receivers.
I currently have an older King controls Tailgater antenna, but am looking upgrading to the Winegard Pathway X2 portable antenna. Mainly because it is bigger antenna and is capable of viewing both east and west satellites which offers more setup options when there are trees or other obstacles in the way.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
While we had it, the DISH service was good. We used the ViP 211K and the GM1518 portable antenna. Unfortunately, the trees around our site grew move and made it impossible to get a signal once the leaves came in. The CG owner said he would cut trees if it would help, but the offenders were off his property. So the gear sits in the basement at home.

The further north you are, the lower in the sky is the arc for the satelites.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

The further north you are, the lower in the sky is the arc for the satelites.

For sure! Here in PA they’re about halfway between the horizon and directly overhead. Down in Texas they’re almost overhead. And in Alaska the satellite dishes appear to be pointed into the ground!!

Oldelevatorman

I have older model receivers 211K and 211Z. I have heard that the wallys are much faster and may work better than the 211 series receivers.
I currently have an older King controls Tailgater antenna, but am looking upgrading to the Winegard Pathway X2 portable antenna. Mainly because it is bigger antenna and is capable of viewing both east and west satellites which offers more setup options when there are trees or other obstacles in the way.

The Wallys didn't seem to work any better for us so we went back to the 211's. We use a Pathway X2 and a Tailgater so we can watch different satellites at the same time and the Pathway takes much longer during setup where the Tailgater is much quicker!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The Wallys didn't seem to work any better for us so we went back to the 211's. We use a Pathway X2 and a Tailgater so we can watch different satellites at the same time and the Pathway takes much longer during setup where the Tailgater is much quicker!

Thanks for the info on the wally. I currently have several 211s so I guess I won't be in any hurry to upgrade.