We're in Rock Falls IL.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We're at Leisure Lake Campground in Rock Falls, IL for a week visiting family. Nice little fishing pond here and no license needed. No fish either, so far. Fuel is at $3.92. We'll be leaving for Houston next Sunday the 12th. No internet here but my son has wi-fi I can use when we're at the house. There was an RV group here from Rockford called the Vagabonds. Nice quiet bunch of folks. As a side note, most of them with 3/4 and 1 ton trucks had "B" plates. I'm not saying this to make a point but there are many IL RVers that are getting away with being under plated (like me:eek:). This is basically relavent to Jim B's dilema with truck inspections and heavier plates. I can't wait to get to Houston.

Tom of Ypsi

We are on our way to Spring, Tx now. The lowest diesel price we have found was $3.84 in the Keewenaw Pennisula, Mi and reg gas for $2.99 in northern Wi. We are in Granite Falls, Mn today diesel $3.94 reg gas $3.49.

osims

bsims
We are ready for the Houston rally also. With two mandatory evacuations in Sept. we are ready to leave and not have to worry. I bought diesel yesterday at Flying J on IH10 for $3.69. Fuel has been coming down a little this week. The temp here is about 65 night and 85 daytime, pretty comfortable.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Looking forward to the Houston Rally...seeing old friends and making new ones. Ike is gone and the cooler weather is being to come in. It will be great.

Ray LeTourneau

Now in KC (Liberty) MO.

We left Rock Falls this morning and are set up in Liberty, MO near Kansas City. We sighted a Sundance being pulled by a white Chevy Crew Cab on I-80 Westbound just East of Des Moines, IA. There is a Cyclone 2 sites over from us in Miller's Kampark. There was a pretty (I hate to admit it:D) dark maroon Ford in front of it but the truck is gone now. maybe out to eat. We'll try to meet them later tonight. Heading for OKC tomorrow. Later folks!

cjbearden

Visitor
Travel safe Ray. We arrived at Rayford Crossing today and getting anxious for more of the HL family to arrive. Haven't talked to Ricky and Dee yet. Pretty tiring day for us old folks, so early night and then we will be good to go. Let the Good Times Roll!

CJ

Ray LeTourneau

Made it tp OKC

We met the gentleman in the Cyclone 4012 last night. He lives in it and works in the KC area. He knew nothing of the forum so I gave him a card and told him of all the benefits of our forum. He said he's had a couple small issues but is very happy overall. We are now in OKC at Roadrunner RV Park. We could make it to Rayford tomorrow but I think I'll call ahead to see if our rally spot is available. Otherwise we'll stop one more night down near Spring. Fuel and gas are coming down the farther south we get. Regular is at $2.71 and Diesel is around $3.35. It's cheaper now than it was this spring when we were heading north :D.

cjbearden

Visitor
Sorry to have to tell you this, Ray, but there will be a little 'fuel shock' after you have seen those cheaper prices. Cheapest we bought driving down was diesel at $3.51. Paid $3.89 in Spring yesterday. Still paying for Ike I guess. Hope you can make it tomorrow. Take care.

C.J.